Miracle

hardel

I suppose there are those who just don't like change.

No, I don't think that's it. Food is subjective. I was looking forward to the rabbit on the Miracle, for example, and it turned out to be a small appetizer that comes frozen in a box, warmed up and brought to the table. It was made with a half tablespoon of ground rabbit and came in an amuse bouche size puff pastry and was tasteless.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Got off the miracle on April 9th. Yes they have the American table now. Was also on the miracle in October 2015 with no American table. Thought the service was much faster in April than in October. Also thought the food was better too.

Was on the Dream in January 2016 before they got the American table and thought both the food and service was horrible. Even worse than the miracle pre American table. Took forever to get food and then it was cold and tasteless on the Dream.

And frankly the Majority of the main courses served did not seem different pre and post American table. It was mainly deserts and appetizers which were different between the two menus.

We were on the 1st sailing with the new menu. We thought most of the food was good. The thing we didn't like was the table number now hangs on a wine bottle that takes up valuable table space and on CE night they have large silver shells on the table that serve no purpose and also take up room on the table.

FYI - There are no tablecloths on the tables except on CE night.

Yes, They have it.

We had no problems with it at all.

I don't why some folks are complaining about it.

I suppose there are those who just don't like change.

While I don't disagree with anything you have stated, my personal opinion on why you hear so many complaints is because when AT was first rolled out there were some issues. Family style service and a very different menu from what is being offered today. People that have never tried the AT menu comment based on what they have read. The negative snowball effect is what I call it.

Do I miss some of the items on the old menu? Yes I really do. Can I find things on the AT that I enjoy as much or more? Yes. I am excited to have the old menus one more time on my next cruise but will enjoy AT just as much on cruises after this up coming Splendor cruise.

While I don't disagree with anything you have stated, my personal opinion on why you hear so many complaints is because when AT was first rolled out there were some issues. Family style service and a very different menu from what is being offered today. People that have never tried the AT menu comment based on what they have read. The negative snowball effect is what I call it.

We sailed the second week of the AT roll out on the Inspiration, then sailed on her several more times since. It's been an interesting process watching the menus evolve. Each cruise the food was tweaked from the previous time sailed. Several cruises the hostesses were grumbling that they had to check the ingredients each cruise. That's how fast the recipes were changing.

Besides dropping the shared dishes, the physical menu has changed. Going from a large, cumbersome single sheet to a tri-fold.

We've mourned items no longer served and rejoiced when we found new items to look forward to cruise to cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app