Mendenhall Glacier shuttle

lbfluffy

Are the tickets for the shuttle available to purchase close to the Mount Roberts Tramway ticket booth? We want to do both these tours. My understanding it is cheaper to purchase these tickets off the ship.

Jumping in here with a question. I keep hearing about the white bus and the blue bus. What's the difference? And, are the both available from the same location? Thanks.

Just 2 different vendors offering the same service. Same pick and drop off areas.

Jumping in here with a question. I keep hearing about the white bus and the blue bus. What's the difference? And, are the both available from the same location? Thanks.

The time varies, you'll have to ask when you get there, but can be as early as 6pm. Leaving at 5p you'll have to use a cab to return, likely- if you want to walk Nugget Falls trail. Have phone numbers with you and call at least 1/2 prior to needing it.

I have also been looking at bus service.

This seems to be a link to the White Bus

http://www.juneautours.com/shuttle-mendenhall-glacier/

I think that this might be the link to the Blue Bus?

http://www.mmtoursofjuneau.com/#!land-tours/c20rm

There are also listings here on TA that might include the white bus and the blue bus.

Past reviews mention lower fares, but it looks like it will be $30.00pp, round trip, this year, for either service.

Wow, that is $60.00 for a couple, or $120.00 for a family of four.

One review seems to mention that the blue buses might not all look like the blue bus in the photos on the web-site.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Anyone with experience riding the city bus to get to Mendenhall Glacier?

Looks be to just $2 each way. The closest bus stop if 1.3 miles from the visitors center, but some trailheads are closer. Planned on doing some of the longer hiking trails anyway. Google maps shows "Powerhouse Trailhead" on the map, but Street View makes it look more like a service road. Any insights?

I have also been looking at bus service.

This seems to be a link to the White Bus

http://www.juneautours.com/shuttle-mendenhall-glacier/

I think that this might be the link to the Blue Bus?

http://www.mmtoursofjuneau.com/#!land-tours/c20rm

There are also listings here on TA that might include the white bus and the blue bus.

Past reviews mention lower fares, but it looks like it will be $30.00pp, round trip, this year, for either service.

Wow, that is $60.00 for a couple, or $120.00 for a family of four.

One review seems to mention that the blue buses might not all look like the blue bus in the photos on the web-site.

$5 of the $30 bus ticket goes to the Forest Service to operate the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, they just started charging this year to get into the area. I e-mailed M&M tours who operate the Blue bus and asked them if a person had a National Parks senior pass could get a $5 discount on the $30 bus ticket, they replied and asked me to call them which I did, no one answered the phone when I called. I kind of got the impression that they had never heard of the National Parks senior pass. I’ll try and call her back this week.Everyone who is 62+ should have a National Parks senior pass, costs only $10 and is good forever. It'll get you and 3 of your friends into any National park or forest service facility at no cost.