Anthem of the Seas - Any Questions?

Are children ( ages 9-12 ) allowed to accompany parents for the Puzzle Break if they would like to?

Thanks for all the great information!

Reggie

There is a minimum age, but I have not seen a definitive answer as to WHAT that age is.

Are there any areas on the ship that have not been repaired since the storm?

Gigi still has a bandage around her neck covering the hole, but we saw no other damage. It was all cosmetic anyway.

I saw Wow bands on only a few people. They seemed to be ones that were being reused. I never saw anyone pushing them for sale, but I rarely read the entire Compass.

It was first reported that Royal Caribbean was partnering with a company called Puzzle Break, which will offer a new experience called "Escape from the Future."

The new room on Anthem of the Seas is based on the Crystal Maze game show and is a first of its kind at sea.

Edited by dedosr

Gigi still has a bandage around her neck covering the hole, but we saw no other damage. It was all cosmetic anyway.

I saw Wow bands on only a few people. They seemed to be ones that were being reused. I never saw anyone pushing them for sale, but I rarely read the entire Compass.

They usually have a table set up outside Boleros for a least the first couple of days.

:)

Is Grande casual on Day 1? I made reservations for Day 1 because I did not want to dress formal, yet someone posted a compass for day 1 and it said formal. Does anyone know for sure?

Grande's formal dress code (which really isn't enforced as "formal" anyway) is relaxed on the first and last days of your cruise.

We were on this sailing too (debarking 4/18.) Here's my 2 cents on the questions that have been asked:

Arrived shortly after 10 AM and parked in the garage. Easy peasy. There were 2 check-in agents at the bottom of the stairs/elevator in the garage. As others have mentioned, no baggage check in the garage, but it was no problem to check luggage curbside with a porter before entering the garage. I tipped $20 to cover luggage for the 4 of us on a 10 day cruise.

When we arrived at the port, there was no line at all for luggage drop-off or check-in. However, we could see a loooooong line on Port Terminal Blvd as we sat in Windjammer enjoying lunch, about 11:45. Get there early.

Bob - There were no drink cards being offered, that I ever saw. And the drink packages were full price on board, even though they were 20% off if you purchased on-line pre cruise.

They were most definitely pushing the specialty dining with various packages (that required day 1 or 2 dinner) and roving salesman asking if we'd like to book, throughout the 10 day cruise.

We ate at all the complimentary restaurants and enjoyed each. Silk was our favorite food. We had classic 1 dining (5:30 seating, rotational dining.) Our waitstaff was actually the least attentive we've ever had on a RCL cruise, but still adequate. Just not wow. It was the first time we didn't tip above and beyond the standard gratuity to our waitstaff.

Our cabin attendant was the best ever. He earned his extra tip:)

In general, we found the staff on board to be very helpful and friendly.

We didn't do puzzlebreak.

Grande was casual 1st and last day.

I didn't notice any residual damage from the storm, not even the hole in Gigi's neck that Barbara noted.

DH and my older daughter did the behind the scenes tour and thought it was fabulous.

We were on this sailing too (debarking 4/18.) Here's my 2 cents on the questions that have been asked:

Arrived shortly after 10 AM and parked in the garage. Easy peasy. There were 2 check-in agents at the bottom of the stairs/elevator in the garage. As others have mentioned, no baggage check in the garage, but it was no problem to check luggage curbside with a porter before entering the garage. I tipped $20 to cover luggage for the 4 of us on a 10 day cruise.

When we arrived at the port, there was no line at all for luggage drop-off or check-in. However, we could see a loooooong line on Port Terminal Blvd as we sat in Windjammer enjoying lunch, about 11:45. Get there early.

Bob - There were no drink cards being offered, that I ever saw. And the drink packages were full price on board, even though they were 20% off if you purchased on-line pre cruise.

They were most definitely pushing the specialty dining with various packages (that required day 1 or 2 dinner) and roving salesman asking if we'd like to book, throughout the 10 day cruise.

We ate at all the complimentary restaurants and enjoyed each. Silk was our favorite food. We had classic 1 dining (5:30 seating, rotational dining.) Our waitstaff was actually the least attentive we've ever had on a RCL cruise, but still adequate. Just not wow. It was the first time we didn't tip above and beyond the standard gratuity to our waitstaff.

Our cabin attendant was the best ever. He earned his extra tip:)

In general, we found the staff on board to be very helpful and friendly.

We didn't do puzzlebreak.

Grande was casual 1st and last day.

I didn't notice any residual damage from the storm, not even the hole in Gigi's neck that Barbara noted.

DH and my older daughter did the behind the scenes tour and thought it was fabulous.

As I (Diane) said, Gigi had a "bandage" around her neck covering the hole. It was only obvious if you knew to look, which I did. DH didn't notice until I told him.

We wore jeans to Grande the last night (I never wear jeans to the MDR, but I had a cold and packing was exhausting so I just wore what I was wearing off the ship).

Edited by BND

As I (Diane) said, Gigi had a "bandage" around her neck covering the hole. It was only obvious if you knew to look, which I did. DH didn't notice until I told him.

We wore jeans to Grande the last night (I never wear jeans to the MDR, but I had a cold and packing was exhausting so I just wore what I was wearing off the ship).

Sorry for calling you Barbara. The BND keeps confusing me because I want to put the woman first:)

Is there such a thing as a "precruiseplanners desk"?

I am planning to meet some Cruise Critic members for dinner at a couple of specialty restaurants. Only I could get a reservation for the relevant dates/times. I e-mailed the RCL dining email to see if they could assist me and I was told to (1) just tell the host what size table I need when I go to dinner and (2) that the other members could go to the precruiseplanners desk to make their reservations.

I assumed, once on board, that we would go to either the restaurants or guest services to make reservations for everyone and get sync'd up (I don't think it will be an issue). But, I don't think I've ever heard or read of a "precruiseplanners desk". Does that exist? Or, is that just a confusing answer? Thank you.