How does it take to get on the ship

pmcantrll

Get there early and get an early boarding number. Usually boarding starts between 11:30-noon. We are platinum so we board first, then FTTF and the general boarding by number. It goes quickly, not sure I would purchase it. If you are arriving later then boarding is almost walk right on.

How do I get an early boarding number

Our daughter and her family are taking their first cruise on the Valor next winter. I didn't realize you had to board by number. Thanks for the info.

It really depends on which port you are departing from. In MIA you pick a time and have to show up during that time (if you don't have FTTF or other special earned perks). You pick a time during online registration. Those times are strictly enforced now.

When you arrive at the terminal and check in you are given a boarding zone number. Lets say you arrive at 10:30am and are first in line you will get zone #1 boarding. Then you wait until your number is called to board. If you are further back in line you might get zone 3 and so on. A few years ago we arrived at Tampa around noon and were issued #18.

They only release a certain number at a time, you need to look several times a day until you get one (its one per cabin). It's the luck of the draw but I have been able to get them for all of our cruises since they came out with them, my best luck has been between 5:00 and 6:30 am when I did get them.

Keep at it and they go VERY fast once they are spotted so be quick!

Good Luck!