Website offering me "Zoom Internet" on Rhapsody?

:mad: I was on Rhapsody on the May 3rd Med Cruise. It was apparently just put in. It was a disaster. You couldn't even sign up for it on the ship for several days due to a configuration issue. After I finally was able to register, I kept getting kicked off and I had the streaming package. It was very slow. I was told by Guest Relations that the IT staff were still trying to figure it out. I would think it should be tested and understood by them before rolling out to the guests. I know a lot of people who were getting money back due to the issues.

Thank you for the update. It sounds like the RCL IT staff doe not have their act together yet. I certainly hope that they get the problems resolved before my September cruise; otherwise I'll be looking for a refund :o

Thanks for the update Biker. I didn't have high hope for voom on Rhapsody. Is it even usable though? DH will need to answer cause he owns his own business.

As long as one is using an app that is not bandwidth intensive and has some patience, the Internet is useable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My guess is to keep your expectations for performance low. The good news is that the price of internet decreased :). My fear is that because price went down, more people will use the limited bandwidth, making the internet even slower than before phantom voom.

In today's Compass, there's a note to turn off Wifi on your device when not in use to better share the available bandwidth. I don't remember seeing anything like that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app