Reasonable Hotels San Diego - Near Cruise Port

bionicbeacher

I just checked the following rates for the night we are needing, 29 Sept in hopes that I'd find something bettered hotel than what we have reserved... ... seems like it may be a popular Thursday night... these are for a king bed:

Hampton Inn $213 non refundable; $225 no penalty cancel; has breakfast

Wyndam $226 non refundable; $283 non penalty cancel; no breakfast

Embassy Suites $288 non refundable; $303 non penalty cancel; has breakfast

m--

Oh my!! We booked the Embassy Suites in February for Sept 29 also. Our non penalty rate is $228. I'm surprised to see the rate increased so much. We booked directly with the hotel.

Looks like we are taking the same cruise. :D

Cheers, Denise

Oh my!! We booked the Embassy Suites in February for Sept 29 also. Our non penalty rate is $228. I'm surprised to see the rate increased so much. We booked directly with the hotel.

Cheers, Denise

The rates vary considerably due to convention business- the Convention Center is just a couple blocks from Embassy Suites, and MANY large conventions are held there.

Cheers, Denise

Greetings Denise! Glad to hear you got a good price for Embassy Suites. I will keep my options open and keep looking at various ways to book including directly. At this point it all sounds wonderful and the pre-cruise night is not a biggy, just need to make sure we don't miss the ship! m--

the urban hotel website has a button called specials where they clearly state that booking direct with them will get lowest price of ANY website...i'd call them and ask them to match or undercut booking.com..

in my opinion the priceline group has gotten way too big and are driving hotel prices UP by their demands for huge commissions often in a very threatening manner of either do what we demand or we will drop you from our listings....note hilton and marriott especially are starting to resent this pressure and are fighting back with better offers for those who book direct...remember priceline etc does not own or operate a single hotel room, rental car or cruise cabin but seem to think they deserve to make more money than the people who actually OWN and/or OPERATE the properties...they have grown HUGE but their massive profits have to be paid ultimately by someone and that someone will eventually be the consumers....not always possible but i always at least try to book direct and i have yet to find a hotel that won't match or undercut the price from the online non direct booking sites.....i am not sure but i also think that booking direct may well result in a better room as the yield to the hotel is greater and some hotels give the better rooms to those that give them a better yield...anyway...my two cents worth but to each his own...

I missed the Specials Button! I will check that and watch the rates. I do prefer to book directly. I have never tried Priceline but I see many folks get good deals with them but it hasn't been my style. Thank you for the tips and will follow up on it. m--