Upgrade Offer

billydog

There's no way I'd bite at an upgrade that was offered at almost 20 times the original offer. I'm with you in feeling that Celebrity should eat their mistake. There used to be a Celebrity poster who would often jump in to conversations like this and offer a helping hand and asking cruisers to email concerns@celebrity.com. If the Aqua upgrade just is t happening I'd jump at an upgrade to Concierge. If you enjoy balcony time, Concierge cabins do have footstools on the balcony.

Normally I would agree. But that offer was so obviously inaccurate from the beginning that everyone involved should have questioned it. I think it falls under the 'if it feels too good to be true, it likely is not' category. To expect to upgrade for that price would be incredible. I wonder if the TA actually heard the price correctly in the first place. Maybe the error was theirs.

Normally I would agree. But that offer was so obviously inaccurate from the beginning that everyone involved should have questioned it. I think it falls under the 'if it feels too good to be true, it likely is not' category. To expect to upgrade for that price would be incredible. I wonder if the TA actually heard the price correctly in the first place. Maybe the error was theirs.

The OP's cruise is just before final payment and you never know what prices are going to do. I just saw A2 cabins priced the same as 2D (obstruced) and Oceanview (8) as well as A1 priced less than 2C (partially obstructed). These prices are through a large online TA for a Silhouette cruise in December.

At least you got the upgrade :). Quick question, which ship has C2 aft view cabins - I thought all the S class ships were C1s or SVs, apart from the suites :confused:? If you snagged a C1, that's an excellent upgrade ;).

Sorry, you are correct. Its a C1 and not C2 on the Eclipse - Baltic cruise. They offered me a C2 - I saw the C1 on aft view available on their site and asked for this and they agreed. Cabin 1405.

My final payment for our summer cruise is coming up in a few weeks. I have booked Aqua class on Infinity and have cabin 9038 which is the one with the slanted balcony. I've seen pictures of it and it appears to be a larger balcony than most. My question is...should I ask my TA to check if there are any upgrades available and would the only upgrade choice be a suite or are there better Aqua cabins?

I have not sailed on Celebrity before. Suites seem to be a lot more money than Aqua class. How do you determine if an offer to upgrade is a good one or is it just what you are willing to pay? Should I do mock bookings and see what is available and how much? If there is an offer re upgrade do I have any time to think about it?

Right now the pricing for balcony, concierge and aqua class are all almost the same on our sailing which seems odd.