Upgrade Offer

billydog

I would appreciate views on this situation.

I am booked on a celebrity Cruise in the Summer and invoice now due for payment. I rang my TA and asked them to check if there were any upgrades available. We are balcony class. She rang me back to say that she had Celebrity on the other line and that there was an upgrade to Aqua class available for euro 45 each for the cruise which is 14 nights.She told me the cabin number. I said this sounded great and said we would accept and she said she would confirm with Celebrity and send me a revised invoice. Obviously I was delighted and told my better half etc.

Later in the day my TA rang back to say Celebrity had made a mistake and Celebrity quoted the wrong rate. The actual upgrade would cost euro 400 approx each. She said she had been on the phone to them all day saying she couldn't go back to her customer now and pushed Celebrity to confirm the deal. Celebrity said they couldn't but offered an up grade to Concierge class at no cost.

I said I was very annoyed about this and said I thought that Celebrity should honour the the offer (nothing in writing) but that I would think about it over the weekend and get back to her then.

I would appreciate any views.

Aside from extra captains club points, and possibly cabin location there is no major benefits to concierge class upgrade. Compared to Aqua class where you then get access to the Persian Baths and also Blu restaurant.

But if they won't budge on the Aqua deal, take the concierge class for no extra. Certainly bad play for them to offer then react the offer...good of your TA to try and make them honor it though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Our TA called this week because it was time for the final payment for Alaska. She said that they had offered us a chose two bonus, we picked two of the gratutities, basic drink, free internet, and $300 onboard credit.

She called me back in less than 5 minutes, saying she had chancelled these because our balance due went up $600 each, as a result of taking their "free" offer. She was not able to work her way through the system to get the free offer for FREE!

njy. The same thing just happened to us with the good better best deal. We were supposed to get the Classic drink package and $300 OBC. But it kicked up the price considerably if we accepted it, so our TA told us not to take it. I was so mad, false advertising perks are NOT FREE. Watch out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The CC cabins on the M Class are about 20 square feet larger. Not sure what ship the OP is talking about.

OP, if you're really "into" food then AQ's Blu might appeal to you. If it's not that big of a deal, go with the CC cabin.

We are on the Eclipse.

First, I'd counter offer and see if they would give the upgrade (really an upsell) to AQ for half. $400 total. If not, ask where the location for the CC stateroom would be. If you are happy with the location, take the free upgrade.

Our TA called this week because it was time for the final payment for Alaska. She said that they had offered us a chose two bonus, we picked two of the gratutities, basic drink, free internet, and $300 onboard credit.

She called me back in less than 5 minutes, saying she had chancelled these because our balance due went up $600 each, as a result of taking their "free" offer. She was not able to work her way through the system to get the free offer for FREE!

njy. The same thing just happened to us with the good better best deal. We were supposed to get the Classic drink package and $300 OBC. But it kicked up the price considerably if we accepted it, so our TA told us not to take it. I was so mad, false advertising perks are NOT FREE. Watch out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like your TA's are not familiar with how the GO Big, Better,Best works? :rolleyes:

Aside from extra captains club points, and possibly cabin location there is no major benefits to concierge class upgrade. Compared to Aqua class where you then get access to the Persian Baths and also Blu restaurant.

But if they won't budge on the Aqua deal, take the concierge class for no extra. Certainly bad play for them to offer then react the offer...good of your TA to try and make them honor it though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that Concierge class also gets much better bedding..same as in AQ class and suites.

The CC cabins on the M Class are about 20 square feet larger. Not sure what ship the OP is talking about.

OP, if you're really "into" food then AQ's Blu might appeal to you. If it's not that big of a deal, go with the CC cabin.

Yes good point for a 'real' benefit of concierge class on M class ships. But as OP was cruising from UK had assumed sailing would be on an S class ship.

I see a lot of people say that CC class does not have any benefits and that is simply not true. I think the benefits appear less to those that are higher up in the loyalty program but I happen to find these benefits worthwhile:

Priority embarkation

Bottle of bubbly wine in the room

Canapes in the afternoon

Upgraded room service menu

Good cabin locations

Robes

Not to mention the tote, which I already have, umbrella to use, binoculars to use.

Anyhow, we think those above are worthwhile when not paying huge amounts more for it. There is a limit to the value. Anyhow, to each his own but I think its misleading to say that there aren't any benefits.

We have sailed in all averanda, conciegre, Aqua & suites and have never noticed any difference in the bedding.

Allegedly! But we have been in both and not noticed any difference!

Same here!

Also, I thought all staterooms came with robes.

Edited by Iamthesea

Same here!

Also, I thought all staterooms came with robes.

. Concierge robes are of a heavier quality.

. Non concierge class has a lighter quality robe (and shorter/smaller it seems;

somewhere in the middle would be nice. )

. Concierge cabins are in a somewhat better location

. You can request a pillow menu and egg crate for the top of the mattress

. Bubbly, but not champagne, in your cabin with a few flowers in a vase

. Upgraded lotions etc, but not as nice as a few years ago.

. You do have priority embarkation and usually your requested debarkation time.

I'm sure there are other advantages and this doesn't add up to the difference in price, but Concierge 3 still has all these perks and is closer in price to verandah. CC 1 and 2 have slightly better locations than 3. Our preference is concierge every time. Would not book Aqua...Blu isn't an incentive for us; but suite class would be.

Edited by oceangoer2

There's no way I'd bite at an upgrade that was offered at almost 20 times the original offer. I'm with you in feeling that Celebrity should eat their mistake. There used to be a Celebrity poster who would often jump in to conversations like this and offer a helping hand and asking cruisers to email concerns@celebrity.com. If the Aqua upgrade just is t happening I'd jump at an upgrade to Concierge. If you enjoy balcony time, Concierge cabins do have footstools on the balcony.

I see a lot of people say that CC class does not have any benefits and that is simply not true. I think the benefits appear less to those that are higher up in the loyalty program but I happen to find these benefits worthwhile:

Priority embarkation

Bottle of bubbly wine in the room

Canapes in the afternoon

Upgraded room service menu

Good cabin locations

Robes

Not to mention the tote, which I already have, umbrella to use, binoculars to use.

Anyhow, we think those above are worthwhile when not paying huge amounts more for it. There is a limit to the value. Anyhow, to each his own but I think its misleading to say that there aren't any benefits.

Don't forget the footstool on the balcony with concierge and above.

OP here.

I accepted a CC option C2 upgrade with aft view cabin. Overall, having started with nothing, I got a free upgrade and am satisfied.

I could have hung in there but I guess honest mistakes do happen and life is too short.

Thanks for all advice provided.

OP here.

I accepted a CC option C2 upgrade with aft view cabin. Overall, having started with nothing, I got a free upgrade and am satisfied.

I could have hung in there but I guess honest mistakes do happen and life is too short.

I'm glad you were offered this upgrade for your trouble. I think you'll be happy. Enjoy!

OP here.

Great attitude, and great free upgrade!

Enjoy!!

you will not get the extra points for the upgrade. We moved to Aqua for a deal but got points for the cabin we originally booked. It states so on Celebrity's web page

Same for us last year, you definitely only receive the points based on your original booking.

We upgraded from an inside cabin to Aqua last year, loved the upgrade and have booked Aqua this year for our 2nd cruise.

OP here.

At least you got the upgrade :). Quick question, which ship has C2 aft view cabins - I thought all the S class ships were C1s or SVs, apart from the suites :confused:? If you snagged a C1, that's an excellent upgrade ;).

I believe that Concierge class also gets much better bedding..same as in AQ class and suites.

Suites? Maybe. All other bedding is the same other than you can officially ask for better pillows in AQ or CC , but can get them anyway if you ask in any room.