Back from the Escape..some thoughts..

300dtc

LMAO

And I though I was the only one. Yes my wife and I found the Escape to be loud. I'm 53, still go to a lot of rock concerts and I also play electric guitar with a pretty big amp. Like you we tried the glow party, it was stupid loud. Thankfully we had Vibe passes for the week!

Thanks for the review! We too love "good" loud music...but not crazy loud all day and night :(

First time on ncl, can someone fill me in on the Vibe passes. Sounds like something we will need!

I know...but I guess this had become my personnel Waterloo I don't want to use the dreaded words such as nickel and dime or horrors...bait and switch..but everyone seems to have been taken in on the so called free at sea..only to find the reality much different than the original menus, etc.

I haven't even talked about the complementary dining...it was different this time. Now, I'm not saying the choices we did have were bad by any means, but the quantity and variety of the food offered was definitely less than what we are used to on other NCL cruises.

I haven't even been on NCL yet but im booked for the 30th on the Escape and I've already experienced Margaritaville switching after my booking, various restaurants switching from a cover charge to a la carte after booking, UDP changed to SDP right before I booked :(, SDP changed from 4 meals to 3 meals (but I did get to keep my 4), gratuities went up, and now this. Really makes you think twice about booking farther out than even a week or so. And that's a shame about the food. I've seen pictures and you're right, it doesn't seem as appetizing as other ships I've been on (and I've only been on Carnival, so that should tell you something!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I do hope they get the sound level figured out before my cruise. I've seen several complaints (not just in this thread). But...I already have earplugs on my packing list so hopefully they'll dull it enough to stay out and enjoy party :)

and thanks for posting your thoughts!

Kind of off topic, but how do you give feedback on your cruise if they don't email you the survey to report back? I'd love to tell them to turn everything down a few decibels!

Last cruise, I had one in my email waiting upon my return home the next day.

I did get mine and that was one of the things I mentioned for sure!

Conclusion: the crew, officers and 99.9% of everyone we encountered on the ship were great..imo just a little too many of them for a lot of the venues. Movies need to be moved to the escape theatre so more than 25 people can watch them...same with the game shows, the atrium is really no place for this, all the standing people clogging up the aisles made it nearly impossible to pass through

But, that all being said Escape was a great ship...would I sail her again? With a different itinerary probably, we loved the brew house, loved all the seating by the windows, atrium chandelier was gorgeous, liked the up to date color schemes ( no more gold or pink dining rooms), but I'm just puzzled by the tiny pool area with 4 sea days..as I said to my DH, the pool isn't generating any revenue for NCL, but if you can't find a chair maybe that would push you to shop or bingo, etc...but as many have said before me any cruise is better than being at home! Well, hope I didn't offend anyone with my opinions or remarks, and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Our next cruise booked is on the Dawn out of New Orleans during Mardi Gras , but we may sneak another one in the fall...who know[emoji4]

Thanks for the review! We too love "good" loud music...but not crazy loud all day and night :(

First time on ncl, can someone fill me in on the Vibe passes. Sounds like something we will need!

Regarding Vibe passes...I think they are $99 pp for the week. It is a private sunning and lounge chair area for adults only, you have a private bar there also. But you have to be quick to get them..in the first boarding group usually or no luck!

Kind of off topic, but how do you give feedback on your cruise if they don't email you the survey to report back? I'd love to tell them to turn everything down a few decibels!

Last cruise, I had one in my email waiting upon my return home the next day.

Good question. I haven't received a survey email either. :confused:

Hi!! Thanks so much for your review!! We are leaving on Saturday on the Escape. I was wondering if you checked in earlier than your appointed arrival time?? We would like to get there earlier than 2:30.

Hi!! Thanks so much for your review!! We are leaving on Saturday on the Escape. I was wondering if you checked in earlier than your appointed arrival time?? We would like to get there earlier than 2:30.

We were with people who had a noon check in, this was at 9am when they opened the doors.

You can see my Vibe walk thru here!

Very interesting about the noise. I love music too, but all that electronic dance music drives me crazy after awhile. I just got back from the Atlantis and they had DJ's blasting dance music at a couple of their pools. I hope they tone it down by the time I get onboard on May 7th.

I guessed at my arrival time as 11:00 and that's pretty much when we arrived..I think you can check in whenever you get there!

Thanks for the review. The only drawback is you said you saw Bong. We thought he was only extended through March. Guessing he'll be on vacation for our June 11 the cruise.

I did!! He was in the atrium bar..poor guy had such a bad cold!

I think the issues with the shows is that previous NCL cruisers are expecting a Jean Ann Ryan level of performance and get to these shows are are terribly disappointed.

I was on the Escape last week. The Brat Pack and After Midnight are no where near the level of the entertainment seasoned NCL cruisers are accustomed to. I honestly felt like I was watching a good high school production. My kids are in high school, honestly, these are the quality of a good high school production but nothing more.

Fortunately, the other shows, Howl at the Moon, the Hypnotist, the comedians were all great. I also liked the outdoor bands that played on the pool deck at night.

Seasoned NCL cruisers will have a lot to be pleasantly surprised about on this cruise....like the food, OMG, has the food improved immensely even from a year ago. I had lobster for dinner every night! I met the Hotel Director one evening and I told him about how even like 3 years ago, the only fruit you could get on NCL was under ripe melon. Now the berries are big and fresh and ripe and delicious! Everything seems more fun and hip including the smaller level entertainment in the Atrium like.....Balloon animal making lessons, The Big Bang Trivia, etc.

As far as the movement of the ship, I agree, there's a lot of movement! If someone was sensitive to sea sickness, this is the ship that will be a problem. Even when the seas were perfectly calm, still the ship was bouncing all over the place! One evening the seas seemed totally calm, I got in bed and the hangers in the closet were banging and swinging around so much I had to remove them and put them on the floor.