Whoo hoo, we got an upgrade.

Dreamer115

I just went online to check out our upcoming cruise on the coral. We leave in just over 2 weeks and lo and behold we have gone from B 615, balcony to D722 mini suite. I am in shock, do they not call and ask if you would like it, or get your TA to ask if you would like it. Not that I am complaining mind you, I am very grateful, this is our first Princess cruise and we have another already booked for September.

What can I expect from a mini suite other than a tub, and a couch. You don't get priority boarding or anything like that do you? I'll stop babbling now, just so excited.

Connie

Congrats on the upgrade.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks again everyone. I still can't believe it. I did call our TA today and she had not been notified so we did confirm that I did get the upgrade. I had been reading on here so much about upsells that I didn't think an upgrade possible. I'm really not sure why we were picked but I am very glad we were. The only reason I can think of would be that in our profile we had shown that we had cruised before but not with Princess so maybe they want us to become loyal to Princess and not the other line.

This is only a 4 day cruise LA to Vancouver. We only booked it about a month ago as we were getting withdrawl and couldn't wait until the cruise we have booked in September.

I think you're right we might become addicted to minis, but we only have a balcony booked for September but won't change it as we got a few good perks when we booked. Free drink package and good OBC so don't want to lose that by upgrading ourselves to a mini.

Again thanks everyone for your congratulations.

Connie

I do have another question with regards to this upgrade. Who should we thank and when. I definitely want them to know how much we appreciate this (in the hopes it may happen again).

Connie

Congratulations! Upgrades are seldom done now. IMO, unsolicited upgrades are done by Princess based on operational reasons.

I don't think it's your TA you should thank since she was not notified. Just enjoy your upgrade first!

I do have another question with regards to this upgrade. Who should we thank and when. I definitely want them to know how much we appreciate this (in the hopes it may happen again).

Connie

You should thank the computer gods. It is done by some unknown system that only the computer knows. I think the obvious way would be supply and demand and what to do to make more money. I can guarantee you it is not some guy sitting a desk going, "huh, I think that person deserves one". It is like winning the lottery.

Even though your TA says she didn't get notified I think there is a miscommunication. Possibly she accidentally deleted the email or the fax got picked up by someone else or some other glitch. It is 99% against a cruise line not notifying changing your cabin.

Congratulation on the upgrade. You can always thank CC members :D. We like to be told nice things.