Rhapsody Rough Seas

We are waiting until we have had clarified what RCCL will and will not be paying from our claim.

Continuing our positive frame of mind, at the moment we consider that the people who stayed perhaps just got a wee bit over compensated :-)

When reimbursement is clarified I encourage you to contact Mr. Bayley. From my experience his office will at least consider your input. From my calculations, they still owe you 7 more days of cruising to bring your settlement even with those who were allowed to stay on the ship.

I love your Disneyland pix - great sense of humor!!! Good luck with your fertility treatments. You will be fantastic parents!!!

When reimbursement is clarified I encourage you to contact Mr. Bayley. From my experience his office will at least consider your input. From my calculations, they still owe you 7 more days of cruising to bring your settlement even with those who were allowed to stay on the ship.

I love your Disneyland pix - great sense of humor!!! Good luck with your fertility treatments. You will be fantastic parents!!!

I agree. Hang onto Michael Bayley's email.

Today I received an email that we were to be refunded not only our independently booked excursions, but also our flights to Barcelona and overnight hotel there which had previously been rejected. The amount of the flight and hotel was not huge, but we appreciate that this goes over and above what they may have been required to provide. I am wondering if they had now received all the claims and realised that everyone was being quite reasonable!

Also our full cruise refund was apparently sent to our travel agent by "check" so we probably won't get this for a while. Can't believe that things are still done by cheque in the 21st Century!

We were back to work today. My boss welcomed me back with a lovely Celine Dion rendition in the changing rooms. Any ideas on the song? :p

I don,t know about crown and membership making a difference but when we said we were going to cancel all our 3 booked cruises ,they seemed to move a bit quicker!

LOL, I bet they did!

We will be sailing on the Rhapsody May 23rd out of Venice and I have bad respiratory allergies, so Hero Husband was able to find out which rooms were damaged so we could be sure we will be reasonably distant from any possible mold, mildew or other allergens.

The cabins with the broken windows were 3006, 3008, 3010, 3012 & 3014. Some passengers were temporarily trapped in their cabins by twisted components of the ship's interior. Forty four passengers chose to disembark in Ajaica and forty five were moved to other cabins.

The only worrisome thing one passenger reported was that it was 15 hours before the captain got on the speaker system to inform the other passengers of what had really happened. That means it was not until that evening, so it must have felt like an eternity to many of the passengers. Perhaps it would have been better to address what had happened and then departure plans later in the evening.

Today I received an email that we were to be refunded not only our independently booked excursions, but also our flights to Barcelona and overnight hotel there which had previously been rejected. The amount of the flight and hotel was not huge, but we appreciate that this goes over and above what they may have been required to provide. I am wondering if they had now received all the claims and realised that everyone was being quite reasonable!

Also our full cruise refund was apparently sent to our travel agent by "check" so we probably won't get this for a while. Can't believe that things are still done by cheque in the 21st Century!

We were back to work today. My boss welcomed me back with a lovely Celine Dion rendition in the changing rooms. Any ideas on the song? :p

Ruthie, the day that the Crown Princess listed over (the cruise that I mentioned in my first post on this thread), the scheduled movie for MUTS (movies under the stars; the big screen up on the pool deck) was......................................

wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

wait for it

TITANIC.

Ya can't make this stuff up.

:eek:

:rolleyes:

We will be sailing on the Rhapsody May 23rd out of Venice and I have bad respiratory allergies, so Hero Husband was able to find out which rooms were damaged so we could be sure we will be reasonably distant from any possible mold, mildew or other allergens.

The cabins with the broken windows were 3006, 3008, 3010, 3012 & 3014. Some passengers were temporarily trapped in their cabins by twisted components of the ship's interior. Forty four passengers chose to disembark in Ajaica and forty five were moved to other cabins.

The only worrisome thing one passenger reported was that it was 15 hours before the captain got on the speaker system to inform the other passengers of what had really happened. That means it was not until that evening, so it must have felt like an eternity to many of the passengers. Perhaps it would have been better to address what had happened and then departure plans later in the evening.

Unlikely for most of them, they would have been told your cruise is over.

Pleased they are making good the losses, good PR for RCI, they can't fix the disappointment etc, but they can put you in a position to finance a replacement.

Cheques are a bit annoying especially when you book US as they send refunds in $, you have to remember the USA is behind when it comes to banking services.

Most if not all of those who disembarked did not CHOSE to do so. They were not given a choice

Please let me address the factual inaccuracies in what you have found out.

The cabin numbers are not correct, the affected cabins were midship, and not forward. if you look at the photo MindyJohn posted you will see this.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/rhapsody-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=79&deck=3

We had no choice but to disembark, we did not "choose" to disembark.

If you read my account of what happened, you will see that in fact an announcement was made to the affected passengers (and possibly the rest of the ship) just 30 minutes after the incident occurred. The majority of the affected passengers were addressed in by the captain in person at around 10am. On arrival in Corsica, the "ship cleared" announcement included reference to what had happened, and that the ship was to stay in Corsica until midnight for repairs. We chose to get off the ship in Corsica, lunch, sit by the pool, and try to enjoy our day, we did not just sit around waiting to find out what was happening, and I think most people did likewise. We appreciate that the on board team spent the whole day trying to sort out the situation, not deciding at midday "Let's just disembark people".

As someone who was personally affected by this incident we have no problems with how this incident was dealt with on the ship. Please be reassured that we would have no hesitation going on another Rhapsody Cruise.

Edited by RuthieG
Adding deck plan

Pleased they are making good the losses, good PR for RCI, they can't fix the disappointment etc, but they can put you in a position to finance a replacement.

Cheques are a bit annoying especially when you book US as they send refunds in $, you have to remember the USA is behind when it comes to banking services.

Indeed, now the only items that we are actually out of pocket are our cattery fees and airport parking, although I believe that RCCL accidentally refunded one part of our claim twice, so they are just about covered too (Yes, I will tell them once all the refunds have actually hit our account, I am honest like that!)

So far we have made all but one of our cruise bookings via a UK travel agent, this seems to be the way forward, otherwise the refund could have been eaten up by foreign exchange and banking fees. Not that we ever hope to be disembarked again!

We were also on this cruise and I can confirm that the above mentioned is not correct!

All guests were informed by the Captain through the speaker system at around 05:00 am, so definitely not 15 hrs after the incident, but much less than 1 hr after.

We were also on this cruise and I can confirm that the above mentioned is not correct!

All guests were informed by the Captain through the speaker system at around 05:00 am, so definitely not 15 hrs after the incident, but much less than 1 hr after.

This announcement must have frightened the life out of you! Don't think we have ever had an in-cabin announcement in the middle of the night. Thanks for confirming.

This announcement must have frightened the life out of you! Don't think we have ever had an in-cabin announcement in the middle of the night. Thanks for confirming.

Well, we listened to it and the captain reassured us everything was taken care of and so we tried to get some more sleep. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can't say I remember all that much 'bout the announcements

But I do clearly remember

"Alpha,Alpha, Alpha - Deck 3 "repeated a couple of times at 4am...

Then, A few minutes later..

"Bravo Bravo Bravo - Deck 3"..

I was bit like.. Hey.. What's up??

We sinking???

I'd lay awake most of the night, imagining the worst.. as you do...

Can't say I remember all that much 'bout the announcements

But I do clearly remember

"Alpha,Alpha, Alpha - Deck 3 "repeated a couple of times at 4am...

Then, A few minutes later..

"Bravo Bravo Bravo - Deck 3"..

I was bit like.. Hey.. What's up??

We sinking???

I'd lay awake most of the night, imagining the worst.. as you do...

I didn't know what Bravo Bravo Bravo was before this. Now I do!

....I have bad respiratory allergies, so Hero Husband was able to find out which rooms were damaged so we could be sure we will be reasonably distant from any possible mold, mildew or other allergens.

The cabins with the broken windows were 3006, 3008, 3010, 3012 & 3014. .

Mind if I ask what cabin Hero Husband has you booked in, because the cabins listed above were some of the cabins NOT effected by the flooding?

I am also sensitive to mold and mildew. Originally I was booked port side deck 3 mid-ship. I moved to Starboard side forward since that is probably the safest part of deck 3. I checked daily and finally a cabin opened on deck 4 and I made a final move. Even with the carpet replaced, mildew and mold can grow on lots of surfaces that remained in the cabins. While I"m sure deck 3 and below the flood on deck 2 are fine for most, For those of us highly sensitive, it might be worth checking out a different assignment just to be on the safe side.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Today our TA has rung to say that our refund from Royal Caribbean had arrived :-)

We are still waiting for about £60 for excursions we had booked, but apart from this we are just about settled.

As soon as annual leave is approved we will be booking!

Today our TA has rung to say that our refund from Royal Caribbean had arrived :-)

We are still waiting for about £60 for excursions we had booked, but apart from this we are just about settled.

As soon as annual leave is approved we will be booking!

Glad to hear they are settling things so promptly. I know you'll find a great replacement!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk