New to NCL and sailing on the Escape (8752)

HCFR10

Hello everybody,

I'm brand new to sailing with NCL, but not new to cursing as I have been on 9 Carnival ships before my upcoming sailing. My Fiance and I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on 4/23/16 and was assigned our cabin late last night, (8752). I was just wondering if this is an okay room or should I look at upgrading? We are not fancy and don't need anything flashy, but do hate when its loud in the room. Also, any hints or tips with Norwegian would be useful, as I stated above this my first time with NCL.

Thanks, Jay

Edited by HCFR10

Check out cruisedeckplans.com - the public site. You'll see you're right above the Escape theater. Hopefully you'll be out having fun anytime something is going on in there, so I wouldn't think that should cause much trouble.

On the plus side, if you're a beer drinker, you're probably a 20 second walk / 58 second crawl to the District Brew House. To me, that's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. I'd have no problem at all with that room.

It appears to be a quad, which means the room is configured with the couch by the balcony, which I prefer. It gives more of a "lounging area" feel beyond the bed.

Have a great time!

Thanks for your reply! I love beer and loved that location due to the brew house being right there. Just seems like the room is far from everything else. Pool, other resturants, ect. Yes we should be gone while the shows are going on so you're correct it shouldn't be a problem.

I will check them out and see what people say about the room. Thanks again.

Check out cruisedeckplans.com - the public site. You'll see you're right above the Escape theater. Hopefully you'll be out having fun anytime something is going on in there, so I wouldn't think that should cause much trouble.

On the plus side, if you're a beer drinker, you're probably a 20 second walk / 58 second crawl to the District Brew House. To me, that's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. I'd have no problem at all with that room.

It appears to be a quad, which means the room is configured with the couch by the balcony, which I prefer. It gives more of a "lounging area" feel beyond the bed.

Have a great time!

Doug out...we did our best to keep up your good work in the brew house! Became our favorite place on the ship...DH only made it to 30 beers in the competition, but we were in there a lot with the eventual winners ..they drank 61 or so beers!

Thanks for your reply! I love beer and loved that location due to the brew house being right there. Just seems like the room is far from everything else. Pool, other resturants, ect. Yes we should be gone while the shows are going on so you're correct it shouldn't be a problem.

I hear ya. We were midship on deck 10, and 90% of the time I'd exit my room and turn left to hit the brew house before wandering elsewhere. The other 10% was when I'd turn right to head to the aft elevators when rocketing up to the buffet.

Honestly, I think your location would be a lot of fun. You're right there in the main 6-7-8 corridor. A lot of other locations may be centrally located, but would require travel time to anywhere. You're a few steps away from a great entertainment area.

It is possible (likely?) that the brew house will be quite loud until 12/12:30 - if that's an issue for you.

Doug out...we did our best to keep up your good work in the brew house! Became our favorite place on the ship...DH only made it to 30 beers in the competition, but we were in there a lot with the eventual winners ..they drank 61 or so beers!

I suspect I was right around 30 or so the week as well. If I get to the point of being a frequent guest on the Escape, I'll definitely camp out at the Brew House some week and make an honest effort at the leader board. Since it was my first time on the ship, I was having too much fun exploring everything to remain stationary for too long a period.

What's funny (and sad!) - is that I'm now on Day 52 of a 100 day fitness transformation challenge, and haven't had a beer in 53 days (:eek:). The good news is that I'll be in great shape to put up a good fight on the Dawn come November. We're then contemplating a May 2017 cruise... either BA or a return to the Escape. That Brew House is calling to me...

I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this, but it's wrong. I believe all quad setups have the bed by the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everybody,

I'm brand new to sailing with NCL, but not new to cursing as I have been on 9 Carnival ships before my upcoming sailing. My Fiance and I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on 4/23/16 and was assigned our cabin late last night, (8752). I was just wondering if this is an okay room or should I look at upgrading? We are not fancy and don't need anything flashy, but do hate when its loud in the room. Also, any hints or tips with Norwegian would be useful, as I stated above this my first time with NCL.

Thanks, Jay

LOL! This is too funny. I got this room today as guaranteed also and its for 5/28. Did you like it?

That room is also close to Food Republic. If you're going to visit any of the non-complimentary food venues on this ship, FR is the most unique and really great value for your $$. We didn't discover it until the 2nd to last day on the ship, but then ate there for lunch the last two days. And as Doug has pointed out....so close to the District!

• 4 weeks later...

I am in this room on May 28.

I use the Food Republic backdoor to get to my room quicker.

It is noisy as this room is above the theater. When there are shows or music going on, you can hear the drum beat and loud music.

But I am so tired every night and with the rocking boat, I fall asleep soon after.

Ropes course. Seeing Beau Tahana perform at the District. Sitting on the Waterfront with a drink and a book.

Beau was great, but his contract has ended and he's gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I suspect I was right around 30 or so the week as well. If I get to the point of being a frequent guest on the Escape, I'll definitely camp out at the Brew House some week and make an honest effort at the leader board. Since it was my first time on the ship, I was having too much fun exploring everything to remain stationary for too long a period.

I'm looking forward to your next review Doug. I totally enjoyed your Escape review prior to our first cruise on Escape 4/23. We even called the Brew House "Home" for our whole trip. My husband won the the beer challenge that week with a total of 67. Might have made the overall board had it not been for getting off the ship in port.