Live from jewel of the seas

Yes John...aka villager70...thanks so much for taking time out of your short cruise to give us info on the post drydock Jewel. We're among the lucky ones on the TA leaving tomorrow.

Thanks for the news. We're on Jewel's first Med cruise on the 13th so I was getting a little antsy!

My thanks for the information, as well.

I'm also on the May 13 sailing.

If, by chance, you walked past cabin 1054 or met someone who stayed in that brand-new-cabin-in-the-space-that-used-to-be-the-Concierge-Club, any information would be appreciated. :)

Hope you had a great time!

Edited by jlajr

i just pre-purchased voom package for my may 23 cruise. I hope they really have it

From the download speed posted in another thread it looks it might have real Voom - the download speed (2+ MBs) makes it very promising.

I'm on the Jewel now and it's 7am so not much traffic. Download speed test is 0.26Mbps. Ping is 641 ms so you can see its not vroom.

Do you recall if you were given the choice of "surf" or "surf & stream"?

I'm on the Jewel now and it's 7am so not much traffic. Download speed test is 0.26Mbps. Ping is 641 ms so you can see its not vroom.

Maybe the previous poster was really lucky to get a 2MB download speed test (or it was an erroneous test) - the 582 ms ping was certainly not indicative of Voom. The other possibility is that the Voom hardware may be there but for some reason it's not operating now so the ship is relying on the old Internet connection.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for updating us all.

I read that the kids area got a new section for tots, am wondering if this means it lost anything elsewhere? Maybe if you don't pass by there one of the staff would know? My 7 yr old is looking forward to it, does it still have kids pool and slide in that zone?

Thank you

Hi Bob,

Thanks for updating us all.

I read that the kids area got a new section for tots, am wondering if this means it lost anything elsewhere? Maybe if you don't pass by there one of the staff would know? My 7 yr old is looking forward to it, does it still have kids pool and slide in that zone?

Thank you

Yes, the kiddie pool and slide are still there.

• 2 weeks later...
It guys said the Internet is Voom . I think it is quite fast

You must be use to dial up.😅

Maybe the previous poster was really lucky to get a 2MB download speed test (or it was an erroneous test) - the 582 ms ping was certainly not indicative of Voom. The other possibility is that the Voom hardware may be there but for some reason it's not operating now so the ship is relying on the old Internet connection.