15 day Panama Canal Formal Nights?

colo58cruiser

That must be from before the Island was "redone". It clearly says it's for Island Princess but also lists On The Bayou as a show. Unless they have reworked the show so that it works in a venue other than the Universe Lounge?

This was from the April 8 sailing. They did re-work the On The Bayou to be done in the Princess Theater. I thought it was good show but dont know what it looked like in the Universal Lounge.

That must be from before the Island was "redone". It clearly says it's for Island Princess but also lists On The Bayou as a show. Unless they have reworked the show so that it works in a venue other than the Universe Lounge?

The patter states it was from last week (April 2016)

D'Oh! All of those dates staring me in the face... I'm just getting old I guess. We're on Island in June so I guess I'll see first hand how they reworked the production show. That should be interesting!

We are on the reverse itinerary in January 2017. Thank you for the info! Did you do any of the Princess sponsored tours?

Yep we did Princess Sponsored Tours at all the ports. We did take our 5 year old son with us on all of them so that help drive some of the selections.

Cabo San Lucas- Swim with Dolphins - This was a really nice setup with Cabo Dolphins that you walk to the center from the ship and spend some time with the dolphins for 45 min or so. We got luck i guess as our dolphin was not being a good "listener" so they moved our group back to a smaller tank and we got to swim with a mom and younger dolphin in training. I heard a couple people say this was better than other places that they had swam with dolphins.

San Juan Del Sur - Granada, Parque Central & Shopping - The first thing that comes to mind is a LONG bus ride. It stopped at a beach that you could see the two volcanoes and then went to Granada. You have a quick tour of a museum and watched a local dance show. They then let you roam around for 30 to 40 min and then a bus ride back. Lots of beggers looking for money or push items to sell.

Puntarenas - Scarlet Macaw Sanctuary & Boat Ride - This was nice tour that did a boat ride in a river / canals that you could watch for wildlife. Then you went to the Sanctuary and take a tour. They have alot of different types of bird that they are rehabbing to go back into the wild. The only ones that are free flying are the more mature Scarlet Macaw's. They also have monkeys and cougars that are rescues.

Cartagena - Spanish Galleon Harbor Cruise - I was not impressed with this one and probably would not recommend. The boat pulls up to the pier and they take you around and talk and have some dancers. You do not get close enough to see a whole lot.

Aruba - De Palm Island Beach and Water Park - This was my sons favorite place due to the water park. It includes food and drinks in the price but we did not get into port until 1 PM. So by the time we got to the island they said you had 15 min or so to go get to the buffet (not that we needed more food). The Adult drinks were alittle weak but overall it was a nice place.

Hope that helps some :)

We are on the reverse itinerary in January 2017. Thank you for the info! Did you do any of the Princess sponsored tours?

Welcome to CC! We were on the Island at the end of March for the 15 day & did 3 ship excursions. You can read all about it in my 1st review for CC after years of obsessive reading about everyone else's! :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49721046

This may (or knowing me, may not) take you to the link for it. Its my 1st try at that! If not, search in the box at the top for "Just back-Island" and it comes right up!

Happy Sailing! :D:D

I was also on the April 8, 2016 sailing. I will leave you with a comment. Often the Princess theater was totally full for the production shows and popular performers. We had late fixed dinner seating at 7:45 and the 6:30 shows worked out just fine for us.

Theater shows were usually 6:30 and 8:00 with some of the production shows offered again at 9:45. The 8PM performances were always crowded.

Hopefully, this will help you select your dinner seating.

Mike in Ohio