Favorite Port?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Port?

• Cozumel
    • Mahogany Bay
    • Belize
    • Montego Bay
    • Grand Caymen

Of these ports, my favorite would be Grand Cayman, and then Cozumel.

I have been to Roatan pre Mahogany bay and liked it, but now that I am older and less mobile, Mahogany bay does look appealing to me for a place to get off the ship or a port day on the beach.

Still, Grand Cayman for me. Clean and no pushy vendors.

As for Montego Bay, you would have to do a tour there, because there is apparently nothing right off the ship like in Ocho Rios. I don't hate Jamaica, but travelling solo now, getting older female, I am a bit more leary, and my next cruise is going to MO Bay, so I will either do an easy tour excursion, or make it a stay on board day.

You didn't list any of my favorite ports in your poll because my favorites are farther east, but if I had to choose among your choices, I'd choose Mahogany Bay because of the fabulous cruise center and beach right by the ship, or Montego Bay because I love the Jamaican people, culture, and food. Love jerk meat and the warm laid-back Jamaican atmosphere which doesn't exist anywhere else in the world that I've found.

It really doesn't matter where you go though if you take the right attitude with you. You're on vacation and on the ship, and that's all that matters at the end of the day. It's all good.

Edited by winddawn