Timing from Long Beach to LAX

MsMot

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

I need help in determining how early we need to debark to make it to LAX for a 1:40 pm flight back to the east coast. There is only one non-stop in the afternoon; the next one is a red eye:rolleyes::rolleyes: I am really hating these airlines these days:mad:

I've never sailed on the west coast, but I hear traffic can be a challenge.

Thank you!

Hi,

You should not have a problem making that flight.

IF you buy Faster to the Fun and carry your own bags off the ship you can be outside around 8:30 or 9AM.

We have done that several times.

IF you don't buy FTTF but still carry your own bags you will be off a little later.

Everyone should be off the ship by about 10AM so plenty of time to grab a taxi or book a shuttle and be at LAX by 11 or 11:30 the latest. Even if there is traffic and you are there later you'll still make your flight.

You can check in on line on the ship and print your boarding passes too. NO worries!!

Hi,

You should not have a problem making that flight.

IF you buy Faster to the Fun and carry your own bags off the ship you can be outside around 8:30 or 9AM.

We have done that several times.

IF you don't buy FTTF but still carry your own bags you will be off a little later.

Everyone should be off the ship by about 10AM so plenty of time to grab a taxi or book a shuttle and be at LAX by 11 or 11:30 the latest. Even if there is traffic and you are there later you'll still make your flight.

You can check in on line on the ship and print your boarding passes too. NO worries!!

Thank you so much!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!

I need help in determining how early we need to debark to make it to LAX for a 1:40 pm flight back to the east coast. There is only one non-stop in the afternoon; the next one is a red eye:rolleyes::rolleyes: I am really hating these airlines these days:mad:

I've never sailed on the west coast, but I hear traffic can be a challenge.

Thank you!

It really isn't all that complicated...

You will make a 1:40 pm flight EASY no matter what you do...

You are disembarking on a Saturday morning. Although you can hit a little traffic in Los Angeles at ANY time, Saturday mornings clearly are never as bad as Monday-Friday when most people are heading to work...

It is only 23 miles, more or less depending on which terminal, from the Carnival pier to LAX...virtually all freeway the entire way...Without traffic, the drive time is only one half hour. Even with rush hour traffic, it's maybe an hour...

So, the traffic is NOT the big hang-up...

The larger part of your time will be taken up in getting off of the ship, waiting in lines, passing through customs at the pier and finding your ground transportation...That is often, at least from my experience with Carnival/Long Beach, unpredictable...But, even so, even if you were among the last off the ship around 10:00 am, you would be through the lines and customs easily by 11:00 and at LAX between 11:30-11:45 on a Saturday--A full two hours before that 1:40 pm flight.

LAX tends to recommend that everyone get there two hours before the flight, but, in my experience, it never really takes that long. I've seen some long security lines from time to time--but, even those will move you quickly enough if you're there two hours before the flight. We've usually gone from curb to gate in less than 20 minutes.

If you are really concerned with the airport crowds, check in via the internet from the ship the night before...IF you had an earlier flight, I'd recommend talking to the ship's crew to ensure you have an early time slot off the boat--but, this should not be an issue for you.

But, really, don't worry about it at all...

Taxi is $68 flat + tip to LAX. Rank is to the left as you leave the Dome.

Shared Shuttles are $17/pp. located bottom level of the parking structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app