NCL's "free at sea" sale......

ksmcdonald

It shows on the website that NCL is ending their free at sea sale tomorrow. Does anyone know from experience if they will just do this sale again or extend it, or will it be gone for a while.

I definitely want to book but I'm waiting for my sapphire Chase credit card to come in the mail so I can book it with that. Does anyone know if I book with my current card, will NCL change the charges over to my new card when I get it and credit the old card?

I don't want to miss the UBP they are offering but really want the 2x points for travel on my Chase card.

Put the minimum deposit down on the current card, then pay the rest using your sapphire. You won't get as many points that way, but you'll get a lot.

I would do that but we want to go on the June 4 sailing and the total is due, not the deposit.

Edited by ksmcdonald

I would do that but we want to go on the June 4 sailing and the total is due, not the deposit.

NCL has a policy where if you book the cruise within 30 days of sailing date you don't qualify for any promotions.

I have seen where the close bookings still got to pick promotions but not always.

Bill

Just an update all! Called NCL last night and they said they couldn't tell me the new promotion but if I was hoping for the UBP, I would be "very sad" if I waited. She also told me I could book the cruise on my current credit card and when I receive my Sapphire card, they will charge to new card and credit the old card. So I booked last night so as to not lose the better promotion.

Thank you everyone for you help!

Just an update all! Called NCL last night and they said they couldn't tell me the new promotion but if I was hoping for the UBP, I would be "very sad" if I waited. She also told me I could book the cruise on my current credit card and when I receive my Sapphire card, they will charge to new card and credit the old card. So I booked last night so as to not lose the better promotion.

That's great news that you can switch cards after booking! Pretty good customer service on NCL's part!

So glad I booked yesterday! They've taken away the. Free UBP for inside cabins. Looks like the new promotion is for selected sailings too, which Breakaway is not one of them! Cruise Critic came through again, with the most accurate info. The May promo prediction was 100% accurate!

So glad I booked yesterday! They've taken away the. Free UBP for inside cabins. Looks like the new promotion is for selected sailings too, which Breakaway is not one of them! Cruise Critic came through again, with the most accurate info. The May promo prediction was 100% accurate!

Glad I did the same!!!

Anybody want to wager if this will all work out?

Even if it doesn't the OP still has the main thing they were looking for ... the UBP that disappeared from his booking class this morning.

So even if you apply a "50% correct" as the maximum percentage of fact from the online booking agents he got the right 50%.

I was worried about it working out as well. When I called to book, I ask her to put in the notes her exact promise about changing credit card charges. She read it back to me, only after putting me on HOLD to confirm with a supervisor that it could be done. She also said the call was being recorded (all calls are recorded).

Either way, I got what was most important, the UBP. I'll let everyone know this week if it works out the way I wanted!