New to NCL, have questions

cincicruisers

Hello, we are new to NCL and I have a few questions if someone can answer.

1. Does the UBP include all alcohol or are some spirits included?

2. Is there a limit to how many drinks per day? Does it include bottles water?

3. How does the USP work? can you eat at specialty (for fee) more than once? Can you eat in specialty restaurants every day?

4. How do you weed thru all the balcony rooms? Not sure how to select. Is there a difference between rooms. Which would you pick?

5. If you select the shore excursion option what happens? Do you get credit on sea pass when you book excursions? What is the amount?

6. Does NCL have Love and Marriage or Quest or something similar?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Edited by cincicruisers

It includes all drinks you get at the bar, including virgin cocktails, top shelf liquor, etc. If the drink is more than $15 you pay the difference plus 18% tip on that amount. It does not have a per-day drink limit, and it does NOT include bottled water or specialty coffees.

3. How does the USP work? can you eat at specialty (for fee) more than once? Can you eat in specialty restaurants every day?

If you mean the dining plan you get a certain number of meals in the specialty restaurants, typically 4 meals on a 7 day cruise. You can eat all 4 on the same day, or spread them out.

I'm less sure on the rest of your questions so we'll wait for others to answer.

4. How do you weed thru all the balcony rooms? Not sure how to select. Is there a difference between rooms. Which would you pick?

5. If you select the shore excursion option what happens? Do you get credit on sea pass when you book excursions? What is the amount?

If you select the shore excursion option what happens? Do you get credit on sea pass when you book excursions? What is the amount?

I just had that on the getaway in Feb. It is $50 per port I believe per cabin - I was solo so i got the $50 for myself. You can book any of their excursions and apply the $50 to cover some or all of the cost. I booked some snorkeling excursions but unfortunately the water was too rough each time and they were cancelled. That is the part that is not good cause you loose that credit if you don't use it. I only found out that one was cancelled once i got there so I could not book anything else. For four ports i only got to use one of the four $50 credits. Didn't pay any extra for it so no loss really.

Edited by karenpstok

Covers the first $15 on bar drinks. Does not include bottled water, energy drinks, specialty coffees. No limit on the number of drinks.

You get a SDP (Specialty Dining Package) for a fixed number of meals. You can you that at any specialty restaurant. Most are free. Some special and entertainment-based restaurant have a small fixed upcharge. Eat as may appetizers as you want, a single entree, and as many desserts as you want.

We pick an upper deck near a stairwell/elevator. On the megaships, a true mid-ship cabin means you are hiking to the elevator every time you go to/from your room.

Once you complete the tour, your account will be credited for $50 per cabin. If you do not complete a tour, no credit. Credits are provided one per port (can't bunch them up for a single tour).

Similar. not so newlywed game. perfect couple game.

Pick a great cruise and enjoy!

Edited by BirdTravels

It includes all drinks you get at the bar, including virgin cocktails, top shelf liquor, etc. If the drink is more than $15 you pay the difference plus 18% tip on that amount. It does not have a per-day drink limit, and it does NOT include bottled water or specialty coffees.

If you mean the dining plan you get a certain number of meals in the specialty restaurants, typically 4 meals on a 7 day cruise. You can eat all 4 on the same day, or spread them out.

I'm less sure on the rest of your questions so we'll wait for others to answer.

didn't this recently get changed to 3?

Bill

We did not have any drinks that went over $15 even when ordering top shelf. They mark in the menu that the ones with souvenir glasses are not included in the plan. No limit but I believe there is a 5 minute wait time between drinks. We were on a spring break cruise and they were denying some of the college kids that were trying to chug drinks.