Email About New Suite Perks ?

sooner33

Hey all I just got this ,

Dear Carnival Guest,

We'd like to take this opportunity to provide you some important information regarding a change to our gratuity guidelines.

Our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for guests sailing in standard staterooms and $13.95 per person per day for guests booked in suites with cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward. In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities as of May 9 will not be affected by the increase.

While gratuities are automatically added to your onboard Sail & Sign account as a convenience, tipping is always at your discretion. Please feel free to adjust, up or down, as you deem appropriate, by visiting Guest Services after the gratuities have been posted to your account.

Our shipboard team members work hard to provide exceptional service so we hope you will agree that this slight increase is well deserved.

We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise!

Those suite perks are an absolute joke. You are paying an extra $1 a day and you get some bottled water that cost $3 for a 12 pack. They realized they were lacking horribly in their suite perks and this is the best they could come up with? Why would anyone possibly book a suite on Carnival? I know I never will.

Those suite perks are an absolute joke. You are paying an extra $1 a day and you get some bottled water that cost $3 for a 12 pack. They realized they were lacking horribly in their suite perks and this is the best they could come up with? Why would anyone possibly book a suite on Carnival? I know I never will.

The Vista Suites on Spirit Class ships are some of the best cabins at sea. Everything else is irrelevant.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure why the original poster just received the letter about the $1.00 increase. We originally booked in March and paid the gratuity up front so were exempt from the increase. When we upgraded to a suite in June we lost our exemption and had to pay the increase.

We're gold members so already get a bottle of water each plus I purchased a case of the small bottles from Carnival that we'll take with us on port days. It looks like we now get another free bottle of water with our suite so I think we'll be well hydrated.

I'm not sure why the original poster just received the letter about the $1.00 increase. We originally booked in March and paid the gratuity up front so were exempt from the increase. When we upgraded to a suite in June we lost our exemption and had to pay the increase.

We're gold members so already get a bottle of water each plus I purchased a case of the small bottles from Carnival that we'll take with us on port days. It looks like we now get another free bottle of water with our suite so I think we'll be well hydrated.

The post was from April.