VOOM with C&A discount ?

I am going on a 7 night cruise on anthem, right now I can buy the internet for $88, however as diamond I get 1 free day so how does that work would they give me the full rate of $105 - $30 or wild they make me buy it by the day at the $30 per day rate?

I am going on a 7 night cruise on anthem, right now I can buy the internet for $88, however as diamond I get 1 free day so how does that work would they give me the full rate of $105 - $30 or wild they make me buy it by the day at the $30 per day rate?

If you want your Diamond discount, you must purchase on board. In other words, they won't give you a discount on what you purchased pre-cruise.

No C&A refund to anything pre-purchased.

Just got an email from RCI stating (to purchase now for my next week cruise) the 30% off the Voom will not be available once onboard.

I asked the same question and I was told that it's cheaper to buy it before you go with the 30% discount than wait and get the diamond discount. That was from a cruise critic member. We are on the Alure in two weeks and want to use two devices with streaming. I think we are going to prebuy it but still thinking about it because we have onboard credit that we could use...

I asked the same question and I was told that it's cheaper to buy it before you go with the 30% discount than wait and get the diamond discount. That was from a cruise critic member. We are on the Alure in two weeks and want to use two devices with streaming. I think we are going to prebuy it but still thinking about it because we have onboard credit that we could use...

Remember, you can use your OBC for gratuities if you did not choose prepaid gratuities.

Edited by clarea

The Diamond 'free' Internet for 24hrs on Ovation last week had a $6.00 dollar charge. We had a $30.00 virtual coupon- but the price was $36.00.

Never had that happen before, has anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Diamond 'free' Internet for 24hrs on Ovation last week had a $6.00 dollar charge. We had a $30.00 virtual coupon- but the price was $36.00.

That must be one of the more bizarre charges. I haven't' seen any report of a $36/day charge for Internet.

Have not heard of that before. I would have questioned the charge at Guest Services, you're supposed to get one 24-hour period with no charge.

Have not heard of that before. I would have questioned the charge at Guest Services, you're supposed to get one 24-hour period with no charge.

It was Guest Services who told me about this $6.00 charge.

On Ovation at least, Diamond were given a $30.00 discount coupon to apply, but the 24hr charge was $36.00. She didn't say what the extra $6.00 was for, and with us both being Diamond it actually cost us $12.00 for us to use the Internet twice. I have added a photo of my final statement showing the $6.00 charge.

Also our first drinks were supposed to be free and our second drinks were supposed to have a 20% discount according to our benefits list. However, the same lady at GS said this only applied after 5.00 p.m although nowhere on the list is this stated. She did remove those charges after I pointed out this was misleading, and she agreed. 5e3367f3b0ef24d9c66fbb0485440d05.jpg

It was Guest Services who told me about this $6.00 charge.

On Ovation at least, Diamond were given a $30.00 discount coupon to apply, but the 24hr charge was $36.00. She didn't say what the extra $6.00 was for, and with us both being Diamond it actually cost us $12.00 for us to use the Internet twice. I have added a photo of my final statement showing the $6.00 charge....

Thanks for the info. It just seems odd that they can list one free 24-hour period of internet as a Diamond perk, and still charge extra for it. Well, maybe not odd in the Royal Caribbean world.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. It just seems odd that they can list one free 24-hour period of internet as a Diamond perk, and still charge extra for it. Well, maybe not odd in the Royal Caribbean world.:rolleyes:

I know! That was my thoughts exactly. But there were many changes for us on Ovation and I just figured this was Royal's new way on these brand new ships. There were many charges on the room service menu, regardless of what time it was ordered, and some old favourites were gone ( cheesesteak sandwich)

We've booked Vision for our next cruise - staying with what we know and understand ( we think [emoji6])

Could the $6 have been the difference between voom and Voom + stream?

Maybe the C&A Discount is just for the regular one:confused:

Good point, did not think of that.

That would mean SURF will be the old price and to get STREAM, there's an upcharge. RCI must have finally looked at the bill they're getting from O3B and decided to up the Internet cost.:rolleyes:

As far as I remember there was only one discount coupon option, and the lady at GS did tell me in advance there would be a $6.00 charge, even though she didn't know which Voom choice I was making.

I wish now I'd have screen shot the log on page with the options on.

I was thinking about just using my C&A discount plus another person's C&A discount for internet (3 total free 24-hour periods) but now I'm reconsidering. Even after the 30% I wasn't planning on it, but now it just seems easier. They leave a code in your room when you board and you just enter instead of having to do it multiple times for the C&A. Seems convenient.

Anyone notice this? I added it to my cart and the total for my 7 night comes to $63.63 - which is $9.09 a day not $9.99.

We are Diamond Plus. I called C&A about this last week. For D+, we get a 40% discount on internet, so it's cheaper to buy once onboard for us.

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks

We are Diamond Plus. I called C&A about this last week. For D+, we get a 40% discount on internet, so it's cheaper to buy once onboard for us.

Yes...but is that 40% off the old original price ? That would make a difference.

I'm also D+ and went ahead and purchased (Voom one device) at $63.63 per week for my B2B on Adventure starting next Saturday..If once onboard there's a better deal I'll cancel my pre booked rate.

Edited by Ashland