Enchantment for daughter's 18th Birthday

I am very reluctant to book this because I never do such a short cruise & the prices seem high for really only 2 days of fun/3night cruise. My dd wants to do a bday cruise with only mommy and it was a toss up between this ship and NCL Sky. I just can't justify paying so much for so short! I just took a 5 night cruise with my mother in Feb for $950 on Independence and now this one is almost the same price for 3 nights on older ship.:eek: I know I am probably being frugal, but I prefer that $ go to a longer cruise again. It is just her bday month she is in college, so I can't really have her missing classes.

Anyone have any experience on this particular ship/Itinerary (Coca Cay/Nassau? Should I just go with the least expensive room on deck 2? I am reading things about mold and smells and now I am starting to worry!

I am very reluctant to book this because I never do such a short cruise & the prices seem high for really only 2 days of fun/3night cruise. My dd wants to do a bday cruise with only mommy and it was a toss up between this ship and NCL Sky. I just can't justify paying so much for so short! I just took a 5 night cruise with my mother in Feb for $950 on Independence and now this one is almost the same price for 3 nights on older ship.:eek: I know I am probably being frugal, but I prefer that $ go to a longer cruise again. It is just her bday month she is in college, so I can't really have her missing classes.

Anyone have any experience on this particular ship/Itinerary (Coca Cay/Nassau? Should I just go with the least expensive room on deck 2? I am reading things about mold and smells and now I am starting to worry!

The prices might be higher because of the month/season. We recently did this itinerary again on Enchantment and enjoyed it very much. It was quite relaxing and fun - not as much planning needed.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

We sailed Enchantment in Dec.2014 and again in Jan. 2015. Both times we found her to be not up to our cleanliness standards both in the cabins and in the public spaces. I spoke to the Hotel Director and the Head of Houskeeping about this while on the Dec. cruise and I must report that the ship was cleaner when we returned for the Jan. cruise. We had an aft Jr. suite in Dec. and a balcony cabin in Jan. I know nothing about lower decks. Only you can decide what works for your family. At least much better than Majesty. We are doing 5 nights on Oasis in Dec. 2016 in Boardwalk balcony for 1023 pp. Of course we booked in April 2015.