Koningsdam verandah staterooms ranking

DaveOKC

My friend has booked a VF guarantee on the Koningsdam. My concern is that he might get assigned a category V on the Beethoven Deck, which are partially obstructed views.

In looking at the deck plans, it seems to me that the verandah categories are: VQ, VS, V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF and VH (high to low).

So, can what I fear happen? I know he would not be happy with an obstructed view.

You must be looking at older deck plans. There are no plain V on the Beethoven deck - they've been re-categorized VH.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ko&deck=b&deep=0

So he can not get a deck 4 V (or VH), but he might get a VF with steel-wall railings: 4005 to 4020.

Edited by catl331

Thanks for the input so far. I figured out that my deck plan was an older one and the deck 4 cabins are now VH, so that would not be an issue. However, the deck 5 V cabins would not be great either.

So far I am leaning to a deck 8, VE cabin that is under the Lido dining area and close to the rear elevators.

There is another thread here were we are discussing how "partially obscured" the VH cabins are.

I phoned Holland America directly and they don't even have picture of that particular category.

So it is still a mystery. :confused:

Edited by karlth

Check out captainmartinisblog.tumbler.com he doesn't have photos of deck 4 but he complained how noisy the room was from the music venues below. His photo from his cabin on 5 shows you do see a lot of the lifeboat below so can only assume it is quite an obstructed view on 4.

When we booked we had the choice and they were both "v" category, I am just glad we selected 5 but I am thinking 6 might be even better

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Check out captainmartinisblog.tumbler.com ...
No 'e': captainmartinisblog.tumblr.com
... but I am thinking 6 might be even better

And cheaper too - VA instead of V! Edited by catl331