QM2 Bullet Train excursion

Had an absolutely disastrous Heaven on Earth bullet train excursion from Shanghai to Hangzhou while on a recent QM2 cruise from Oz. Cost around $200 each.

Main complaints ... 17 hours (yes, 17 hours!) with only ONE meal, No spare time to buy coffee or snacks during the rest of the tour, dreadful organisation, marathon dashes on foot between tourist spots where only a few minutes were allowed for sightseeing, appalling toilet facilities etc etc.

Cunard agreed to repay passengers 50 percent of cost as compensation. Five weeks later am still waiting to be paid :confused:.

Any other passengers having the same problem??

Dennis Amor

Hi Kiwi Kruzer,

It was a day excursion ... set off at 7am and arrived back at ship at 11pm, an hour before she was due to sail!

And to add insult to injury, the buffet on QM2 was SHUT and they flatly refused to reopen it until the schedule time, so we had to wait another 20 minutes!

Would you believe, we were welcomed back on board with a champagne reception ... the last thing we needed. FOOD would have been more readily received.

As a diabetic, Cunard was lucky it didn't have seriously ill passenger on its hands.

Not the sort of day I would have expected from such a reputable cruise line.

Pushka,

That wasn't the point ... I was moaning about the fact we were given only ONE meal during the whole 17 hours, and that was four hours into the day trip. There were no other opportunities during the whole 17 hours to buy other food or drinks. We were all shepherded from one place to another at breakneck speed. Just imagine 17 hours with just one meal ... unbelievable BUT TRUE!

Being a diabetic, I had checked TWICE with the excursions desk before the trip and was assured there would be other stops for snacks and we would be able to buy them during a shopping stop. NO OTHER STOPS NOR SHOPPING OPPORTUNITIES. Repeat: Unbelievable BUT TRUE!

Dennis Amor

Edited by dennisamor

I have loved my cruises on Cunard but it sounds like they got the timing of this excursion terribly wrong. It is doubly unfortunate that you are diabetic so that regular meals is vital.

Have you posted on the Cunard board as you may find others who were in the same situation?

Sure the meal situation sounds very poor. Usually excursions try to make you eat at their preferred restaurants. I guess Cunard expected that too. Were there meal stops outlined in the shore ex description? It is surprising you didnt have an episode given that length of time without food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app