last minute cruise on Oasis - help needed

I usually research and research before booking my cruises, but at this time am considering booking an Oasis cruise very soon.

Would appreciate your input on:

1. What is the worst possible guarantee OUTSIDE balcony I could end up with? Lifeboats in front, etc.

2. Do I need to prebook any shows at time of booking or can I wait til night of show?

Thanks so much

Barbara

There are no balcony staterooms with lifeboats in front.

I would try to book all the shows possible before the cruise. If you cannot get reservations pre-cruise, then I'd try to get reservations as soon as you board. For any shows for which you are unable to get reservations, you can wait in the standby line and try to get in when they release that line about 10 minutes before the show.

Edited by clarea

Reserve your shows as soon as possible. You can always cancel if you Change your mind. As far as balconies, I would think it would be listed as an obstructed view if there was a lifeboat in the way.

There are no balcony staterooms with lifeboats in front.

I would try to book all the shows possible before the cruise. If you cannot get reservations pre-cruise, then I'd try to get reservations as soon as you board. For any shows for which you are unable to get reservations, you can wait in the standby line and try to get in when they release that line about 10 minutes before the show.

This is correct information...no obstructed views from balcony staterooms.

Definitely book the shows ahead of time. Of course you can show up and get n the standby line and I know most of those people got in.

I usually research and research before booking my cruises, but at this time am considering booking an Oasis cruise very soon.

1. What is the worst possible guarantee OUTSIDE balcony I could end up with? Lifeboats in front, etc.

2. Do I need to prebook any shows at time of booking or can I wait til night of show?

Thanks so much

Barbara

I see you have been on Celebrity's "S" class, Oasis has nothing like the obstructed views of the 2d or 2c class on "S" class ships. Take the guarantee, really no bad cabins on Oasis except for maybe the walk :D

If you are unable to book certain shows, you can do it as soon as you board. I believe you would high tail it to Entertainment Place.

They have people there taking reservations for all the shows.

We had relatives surprise us on our Oasis cruise and they were able to get into the same shows we had reservations for. ;)

Have a great cruise. The Oasis is wonderful!

Edited by janetz

Thanks so much

Barbara

Once you get your guarantee balcony assigned, you can also change it for a different location in the same category. I use the UK website to see what cabins are available in the same category. So, if you get assigned a forward cabin in category D6, you can switch for a midship in category D6 (or whatever your preference is).