Carib Balcony (BD) on the Star-furniture question

CMM

Hi I was wondering what the furniture would be like on the Carib Balcony on the Star, I know that the dimension is a bit larger.

Also, on our previous cruise (different cruise line),we enjoyed the balcony, but if I was sitting the wooden rail was exactly at eye level. Maybe it was my height, but I was wishing the chairs were higher to help.

We are going to Alaska and wondering if glacier viewing will be best from our own balcony.

Thanks!

Hi I was wondering what the furniture would be like on the Carib Balcony on the Star, I know that the dimension is a bit larger.

Also, on our previous cruise (different cruise line),we enjoyed the balcony, but if I was sitting the wooden rail was exactly at eye level. Maybe it was my height, but I was wishing the chairs were higher to help.

We are going to Alaska and wondering if glacier viewing will be best from our own balcony.

Thanks!

Just off the Star a month ago, had a BD Caribe balcony. There are 2 chairs with adjustable backs, 2 foot stools and a fairly large table.

Our Star Caribe balcony had two chairs that have a few reclining positions and a table.

The wooden rail will most likely be within your view line. Believe these rails are standard height according to code.

The best views are from the upper decks where you can move around and get views from all angles, where you can get a hot or cold drink from the bar or buffet as well as some food from the buffet, Grill or Prego Pizza. Binoculars would be helpful as you may see seals on the ice flows. There will probably be some commentary over the ship's speaker system, especially in Glacier Bay where a NPS ranger will most likely be on board. If you stay in your cabin be sure to tune into the proper TV channel to get the commentary as it is not sent through the cabin speakers. You can also get views from the deck 7 Promenade where you can walk all the way forward, up the stairs to the nose of the ship.

Thanks!

See above

I appreciate everyone's replies.

Interesting that "sknight" only had chairs, but on "gaylynns" recent cruise there were footstools. I was hoping that there would be footstools. Maybe this is a recent thing???

We are on the starboard side on a Southbound Itinerary will that make a difference with what we will see?

I appreciate everyone's replies.

Interesting that "sknight" only had chairs, but on "gaylynns" recent cruise there were footstools. I was hoping that there would be footstools. Maybe this is a recent thing???

Yes, we also had foot stools, forgot about them.