80's Rewind Cruise on Breakaway

Booked on the BA for October! Have been reading about a 80's rewind rockband cruise for the same week,,,, anyone ever experienced a event on board with live bands? This is a "closed event" for cruisers who have booked thru Rewind... Cruise rate is a lot higher than the NCL rate so wondering is they will be "catered to " and some venues closed for the " regular" cruiser... Thanks!

Booked on the BA for October! Have been reading about a 80's rewind rockband cruise for the same week,,,, anyone ever experienced a event on board with live bands? This is a "closed event" for cruisers who have booked thru Rewind... Cruise rate is a lot higher than the NCL rate so wondering is they will be "catered to " and some venues closed for the " regular" cruiser... Thanks!

Yes they will be catered to and yes, there will be public venues closed for their private events.

If I were you, I would change my cruise dates.

Lois

We are booked on the same cruise, OP. I didn't know about this group until afterward, but I do like 80s music, so I don't see it as a problem.

I went on the Escape when there was a large group of travel agents having a convention aboard. Some venues were closed at times, but we loved it because there were no crowds left to compete with ... no lines on the water rides, buffet, etc.

I'm on this cruise as well and I don't think they will cause much of an issue with closures. I do see there will be an 80 white hot party, so perhaps that area will be closed for a part of one night. But that's it. The ship is only halfway sold out with plenty of rooms available in all categories. I don't think the group is very large.

• 2 months later...

I am booked on the 80s Rewind Cruise. It sounds so much fun. I cannot wait to leave. They have so many cool 80's acts. Everyone that is booked on that sailing should deff ask the Rewind cruise to add you in to all the fun!!!

• 8 months later...
I am booked on the 80s Rewind Cruise. It sounds so much fun. I cannot wait to leave. They have so many cool 80's acts. Everyone that is booked on that sailing should deff ask the Rewind cruise to add you in to all the fun!!!

Why would the company putting together the partial charter allow people in who didn't pay for the experience? If I'd paid for it and found out others were taking up space and resources without paying, I'd be very upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would also love to know, as I am on Breakaway, 10/22 as well!. Thx

Which week is the 80s cruise, we are booked the week of October 22?

This topic was originally started in May 2016. The 80s cruises in October already came and went on the breakaway.