Information needed, renting a scooter at sea.

sassy~one

I need to rent a scooter in July for 7 nights, from a fl port.

Please share info with me. thanks

Here's a couple of things:

1. Visit the Disabled Cruisers forum. There's a great deal of good information there.
  2. Search this forum for information about scooters. Again, there is a lot of information out there.
  3. Do you know what size scooter you will need? I ask because if you do not have a handicapped or modified cabin, you will have to get a scooter that will fit through a 21" doorway. You CANNOT leave the scooter in the hallway at night.
  4. Have you contacted the Special Needs department for their help?
  5. Are you looking for a rental that will be in your room when you board, or one that you can rent locally and then take on the ship with you?
  6. If you are planning to rent one that will be on the ship when you board, contact Special Needs to arrange for wheelchair transfer onto the ship (this is a huge stress reliever).

Here is a link to Carnival's information regarding scooters. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

They work with two companies that will deliver the scooter to your stateroom and the links are on that page.

Just remember, you'll never be sorry that you rented one!!

Happy cruising!!!

I forgot to mention that if you are going to need one for more than 1 cruise, you might consider purchasing one. DH purchased a used one in excellent condition and it only cost approximately $100 more than renting one for the week. Now we have it for things like going to the zoo, museums, and amusement parks.

just back from 7 nights western Caribbean on the glory. ship was clean. services were wonderful. didn't think the food was that great. but how bad could it be when you have steak and eggs for breakfast, or steak for dinner. this was because I am a picky eater. room was clean, the bed comfortable, pillows great. entertainment was top notch. my only problem was I rented a scooter and could not get on a tender w/it. yet people w/baby carriages and wheelchairs were able to get on the tenders. my scooter folder much smaller than the baby stroller that had 2 children in it. that's what got me annoyed. I had 2 minor complaints. 1 had nothing to do w/carnival. however, guest services THAMISE (sp?) was wonderful and figured out a solution. the childrens circle for 12 yo was noting to brag about. most of the group knew each other and no room for an outsider. could have been more structured activities. we also could have used more time in belize. we went to a private island: palm caye island. out of 3,500 people onboard the ship we were the only people on this island. we were treated like Angelina jolee or rich and famous people. wonderful, wonderful experience. would definitely go back and even do this cruise again. ask any question. hopefully I can help ya out!

Just contact Special Needs t Sea and they will rent you a scooter that will fit through the doorways of a standard cabin. I rented from them when I sailed out of Port Canaveral on the Dream to the Western Caribbean. They charged me 175.00 for a scooter that will hold up to a 250 lb. person

HAPPY SAILING!!!

I rented from special needs. they delivered to my cabin in Miami. only problem 2 ports could not use it in. however, I called amer assoc for people w/disabilities and carnival to complain because there were people w/baby strollers (double) and wheelchairs and they were able to use the tenders. now don't go thinking im complaining about the wheelchairs. only the fact that they are larger than the scooter, which folded quite small. I had no intention of riding onto a tender. just needed to use it on land. I paid $185 for heartland scooter. best money spent.