Why do they call everytime you look at site?

I was wondering if this happens to everyone that looks at the CCL website?

I was looking on the CCL, and immediately after signing out of their site, a Vacation Planner calls to find out if I was looking to book something. I explained that I was just looking and was not booking anything.

I can say that I have looked at other cruise lines to compare prices and the other lines don't call. Is Carnival that hard up for customers?

I was looking on the CCL, and immediately after signing out of their site, a Vacation Planner calls to find out if I was looking to book something. I explained that I was just looking and was not booking anything.

I can say that I have looked at other cruise lines to compare prices and the other lines don't call. Is Carnival that hard up for customers?

Yes, every time I opened an email from Carnival, or went to their site, I would get a phone call. Well, my husband would. It's his name on the file, but my email. The caller would always ask for my husband, even after I informed him that I'm the one who does the travel planning.

I would say "don't call, I know where you are, if/when I want to book another cruise". Every time. This went of for about 2 weeks. It took my husband actually saying "DON'T CALL" to stop it.

If that hadn't worked, I was prepared to pursue it up the chain of command.

So, now Carnival loses, because I just dump their emails, without reading, and don't go on their website any more.

Edited by Shmoo here

My brother booked a cruise we went on a few years back and his number was inadvertently put on my profile.

They would call him every time I logged onto the site, so he always knew I'd been looking at cruises because of this.

I finally figured out I needed to change back to my number on my profile. Then they started calling me all the time, I ended up adding the number to my reject list.

They finally stopped leaving voice mails.

Edited by elvisran

our old PVP would call just before and just after our cruise...great service. He kept good notes, new who we are and what we like... then one day, he wasn't a PVP any more. No forewarning, just gone. So sad.

our new PVP hasn't done anything, haven't heard from her since booking. Nothing. We had a relationship with our old guy, nothing with this new gal. Disappointing.

My brother booked a cruise we went on a few years back and his number was inadvertently put on my profile.

They would call him every time I logged onto the site....

If in a joking mood, I might have kept logging in to the site, just to keep him busy.

I've been trying find a PVP. I give them my number next time :D. What's the number they call from. It's probably one I don't answer :p

The ones on my reject list are 800-819-3902 and 305-599-2600. :)

I don't recall if a call actually came from the 800#, just have it saved in my contacts in case I have to call them. The 305 is what I remember it coming from.

Edited by elvisran

I get on their website 5 or 6 times a day - every day. I always log on and shop around for cruises or check my account for other things. Not once did they ever call me.

If you click an email they sent, or if you sign in to your account, it will generate a call if you have a number on file. Our old PVP knew when to call, only if a really good sale and she knew we wanted to cruise. When she left and the new guy was magically assigned to us, he would call almost weekly, after telling him once "don't call us, we'll call you" and ignoring him every other time...he hasn't called in months!!! Just peruse the site without logging in and there will be no issues!!

Yes, every time I opened an email from Carnival, or went to their site, I would get a phone call. Well, my husband would. It's his name on the file, but my email. The caller would always ask for my husband, even after I informed him that I'm the one who does the travel planning.

I would say "don't call, I know where you are, if/when I want to book another cruise". Every time. This went of for about 2 weeks. It took my husband actually saying "DON'T CALL" to stop it.

If that hadn't worked, I was prepared to pursue it up the chain of command.

So, now Carnival loses, because I just dump their emails, without reading, and don't go on their website any more.[/quote

So, they give you a courtesy call to the name they have and you are upset? Your

Email identifies the account holder which is not you.

They only call if I am logged in while looking at rates.

I can't fault them - my DH is in sales, and every sale means a commission - they are just trying to do their job. I just let the machine get it and let them leave a message.

I had no idea this was standard practice until my husband mentioned he'd gotten multiple calls from a Carnival rep. Apparently his number somehow got attached to the account even though I am the primary travel scheduler.

Anyways, it ended up being a great experience as the rep who called has gotten us great prices and made sure everything was taken care of. Its good to know someone instead of just calling an 800 number.

I have never once received a call after opening an email or going to the website, and I am always logged in. When I have a cruise booked I check the website at least twice a day in search of price drops. If I dont have one booked I look every few weeks just to check out deals, etc. I first sailed with Carnival in 2006 and I have never once received a phone call from them. Any cruise I ever booked was because I initiated it

I didn't get calls when I logged on, but I did get lots of calls and emails from a PVP. I didn't mind the emails but the calls kept coming when I was at work, so it was really annoying. I finally replied to one of the emails that I use a travel agent and the calls stopped. I still get emails, but not from a PVP, just from Carnival directly.

We look up cruises all the time on the Carnival site and do all our own research. Then, when we are ready to book, we just email our PVP with the details and invite him to call us to finalize the booking. He doesn't bother us otherwise.

So, if you want a PVP who will give you great service, but not bug you every time you look at cruises on the Carnival site, then send me an email at the address below and I will send you his info.

Too many cutbacks. They are showing now. Heald says it's Brilliant, most say not so much.

Our PVP would do the same thing......

lol

I always sent him to VM, or just let it ring out......

Then he started TEXTING me.:D:D

He would basically say, I'm just doing my job......sorry to bug you.

And I would text him back and say I understand if I needed him I would let him know.

He hasn't called me in months.....:eek:

We got a letter one time from HAL to find out if I was looking to book something because I'd been to their site .... but never a call or letter from CCL ... just loads and loads of brochures :D

This happened to me last year. If I recall correctly, they called and I said I was just browsing and had no specific plans and while I appreciated the call, they didn't need to call again - I would call them if/when I needed something. I then got called two more times (same person) right after browsing carnival.com. So, I asked nicely and firmly again that they not call me again (and I explained I was disappointed they ignored my first request) and so far so good.

Yes, they are a business and have a job to do but my first request should have been enough.

I miss my old PVP. They no longer work for Carnival.

Edited by Nezmo

My PVP is awesome... when I or my wife log in or click an email she will not call unless it is a great deal, or reduced deposit. She will also call once we are booked and let us know of price drops..

I have no complaints if only I could tell you who she was

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk