All this drink package talk...

Here's something odd I was just thinking about. I am going to be on Freedom May 15 sailing. When I booked our drink packages, we got the Premium for $809.48 (includes gratuity) for two people back in February. I had no issue paying that price since we drink a lot. Then it goes on sale and I immediately cancel and rebook for $621.16 (again includes gratuities) for two people. Yay, great, go me. Two days later, same sale but price is slightly higher at $644.28 for two people plus gratuities. Sure, ok that makes sense (insert sarcasm here). I got the better deal by being OCD about this stuff. YAY! Then I see different prices for different cruises and the prices are outrageous. Seems to me there is no reasoning behind all this. Like they're all like "let's roll the dice today to see what to charge".

Just my random odd ball opinion.

... Seems to me there is no reasoning behind all this. Like they're all like "let's roll the dice today to see what to charge".

This is probably very close to the truth.

Like they're all like "let's roll the dice today to see what to charge".

This is probably very close to the truth.

And here I was thinking it was darts :D

You're partially correct. Darts are used to price the cruises and dice are used to price the drink packages.

It is darts. It just depends on the day they throw them, how big the dart board is, how many passengers are booked and what time of the year it is. I just finished a Celebrity cruise a few months back and I can assure you that I couldn't even try to keep up with the "Ultimate Package" drinkers and believe me, I can put a few down.:cool::cool:

You're partially correct. Darts are used to price the cruises and dice are used to price the drink packages.

So there IS a method to their madness! :)