Cruising Fjords/ Highlands late May

Help! Not sure what to wear ~~~ I know I have fleece jackets and to layer but ~ ok I will admit ~~ I live in yoga pants/sweats. Is that acceptable? Also at night. Never cruised with HAL so not know what evening looks like ~ slacks and blazers? or dresses? Brrr cold thinking about it!

HAL: slacks, blouses, sweaters, cardigans, polo shirts, wool vest, pashmina scarf, nice t-shirts.

I avoid blue jeans and the fleece stuff inside the ship's dining room because it looks like I am going on a hike. My best piece for inside and for layering on our last cool weather HAL cruise was an opossum wool vest from New Zealand.

How about a skirt over your yoga pants? Sweats are not a good idea for the dining room and you don't want to eat at the boring buffet all the time.

Edited by Floridiana

Get a few pair of jeans.....dark wash and you be fine! Wear a sweater or long sleeved shirt with them...cute shoes...that's all you need! (jeans have plenty of stretch nowadays, so they are pretty comfy, once you find a brand that suits your body...that can take a lot of "trying on"....but they are out there!!!)

Surely you can find a comfortable pant that is not a yoga pant and therefore acceptable in the MDR? Many many options abound - most fabrics, slim leg or wide leg.

I don't wear much denim at home and never travel with it - too heavy and takes too long to dry. I usually bring a slim ponte pant and possibly a wider leg pant for evenings (not touring during the day) Though not my most "stylish" option, I do still like my chicos traveler wider leg trousers:p JJill Wearever line has easily packable and layerable (yes, I'm making up words) separates in multiple profiles -slim leg, wide leg, skirts, tunics, etc I would wear any of these in the MDR on HAL....

Do you know the actual temps expected on your cruise? I would certainly do layers - easier than trying to pack a couple of heavy items that might not be necessary. Wind & waterproof jacket, silk underlayer, cotton top?

Similar to Alaska. Look on the Alaska board for clothing ideas. Check weather.com for historic and current weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app