I guess that I will never reach D+

It is the little things that can help differentiate yourself from your competitors. Unfortunately, simple minded accountant types see things such as eliminating (insert your nice thing here) will save the company $800,000 per year.

Rather than keeping the nice thing and raising a ticket fare .0001 cents.

Some people are price conscious and only shop by price. I don't care about price but I watch what I get for the price very very closely. Can you make my bar of soap any smaller?

I just got off the phone with the Resolutions DPT, nothing resolved. It's a list of stupid little things, I understand that. We can no longer get a wine package, the suite program upgrades are only on the mega ships, luggage tags, really, how hard is it to provide luggage tags to suite guests? and the list goes on. We have always cruised on Royal, always in at least a Jr. Suite. We buy speciality dinning at least once per cruise, all of the excursions that we take are booked with Royal, we buy everything from watches to luggage on board. We enjoy our vacations and are not shy about spending money on them. I have almost reached this point in the past but hung in with the promise of an upgraded suite experience. It doesn't matter if the frog boiled quickly or slowly, dead frogs don't book cruises. I have reached the boiling point.
I've read your post, but still not sure what your issue is?????....K.O.:confused:

We now only cruise in full suites, yup the wine package is a thing of the past. We cruise for enjoyment, not points but the loyalty perks were nice. I called the resolution dpt to attempt to get luggage tags ( stupid 1st world problems). I used to be a cheerleader for RCI, thats not the case any longer.
Hate to tell you this but a grand suite and above has their luggage tags mailed to their home address....still not sure what your issue is?????...Please tell me it's not because of luggage tags.

Someone mentioned the end of April being the last day to order them. Maybe you ordered before the cut off.
Have never "ordered" luggage tags. They just come in the mail if we are in a GS or above.....K.O.:)

Have never "ordered" luggage tags. They just come in the mail if we are in a GS or above.....K.O.:)

Maybe you had a travel agent who ordered them for you. It's not automatic. Or perhaps a spouse who did so, and you thought it was just happening automatically. It's not like it's a complicated "ordering" process. You just have to click on a little button on the website, when you're looking at your reservation.

Edited by Paul65

Sorry for the vent. I am usually a very positive person but it just seems like it's getting more difficult to get the cruise experience the we have come to expect. Perhaps it's time to move up line.

Yes, we can see, as you do, that Royal has made some changes, however subtle, that leave longtime cruisers hankering for those options.

We recently cruised on Princess for the itinerary. With the exception of one cruise on Disney, all of our cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. We are D+, so you know we've cruised a fair amount with Royal.

I must tell you, we totally enjoyed ourselves. We actually thought the food was better both in the buffet and dining room. Their grab and go pizza (tasty, too) on an outside deck and an outside grill is like nothing you'll find on Royal's ships. It was nice to grab a burger or pizza for lunch, find a table and enjoy the outdoors. It was a nice change of pace. So much so, we've booked another Princess cruise!

We did miss our coffee from the Diamond Lounge, so I purchased a coffee card that provides 15 specialty coffees. They punch your card each time. If you just want regular brewed at the International Café, then you show them your card for no charge. I believe it was a 20% savings over purchasing each cup separately.

Of course no Diamond complimentary evening "happy hour" for us since we were on Princess. ;) They did have a buy one get one for $1 in one of the lounges from 4:00 - 5:00. So if we wanted something we did that. We saw many who would go and buy a beer and ask the server not to open it. They took it back to their room for later. And the refrigerator was not just a cooler, but an actual refrigerator! Some would order two wines and leave with one.

Hoping this will provide some perspective from a loyal Royal cruiser. We loved having a different perspective for a cruise. As the old commercial says..."try it, you'll like it!" :)

All this whining is getting old. Face it people, the times they are a changing. Show me a business that has not downgraded its customer service and/or perks. (airlines, communications companies come to mind quickly) At the end of the day, even with the "nickel and dime" changes (luggage tags for suites for example), a cruise is one of the best values for the travel dollar, and RCCL is no worse than any other line with its changes. I can live with these earth shattering changes, especially once I'm sitting by the pool with an umbrella drink in my hand.

Edited by Janet524

Junior suites have never had all the amenities of full suites. Luggage tags have been gone for years now. Did they discontinue wine packages?

What exactly did you try to get resolved? Sincerely curious - not being snarky!

We just had our luggage tags arrive via mail. Staying in a GS end of May. If they have discontinued it completely then it just happened.

If you aren't happy with Royal Caribbean, move on, branch out and try something new. If you don't like what you find, come back and try again. Nothing stays the same, things evolve, you have to choose whether you want to adapt.

Great bit of advice.

I've tried most other cruise lines and RCL has the best loyalty perks. Diamond Club, Concierge Club (some ships) and now with Voom as the cherry on top.

I just got off a 30 day Holland America cruise that had 20 sea days due to weather and it had the slowest Internet. HA is a great cruise line with good features, but the slow Internet and lack of Diamond Club is a deal breaker. They do however, have a happy hour from 4-5 pm and 7-8pm so instead of free drinks you get the privilege of paying for them. My table mate was enjoying happy hour every day, both he and his wife. Imagine his bar bill after 30 days. They do offer 50% off their wine package once you are 5 star (200 PTS).

Maybe you had a travel agent who ordered them for you. It's not automatic. Or perhaps a spouse who did so, and you thought it was just happening automatically. It's not like it's a complicated "ordering" process. You just have to click on a little button on the website, when you're looking at your reservation.
Paul always call RC when booking a cruise and have never requested the luggage tags, yet they are mailed to my home.....K.O.:o