No tux for him, but long dress for me?

We have decided not to bring husband's tux next cruise. I have a nice long black skirt with black and silver top I'd like to wear. He will have a sport coat and silk collarless shirt. No tie. Will we look "unbalanced in tone" with this combination? If this is acceptable, how about a long formal dress with jeweled top on me?

Interesting thing, our TA in October from Barcelona to Tampa will not have any formal nights at all.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will look fine and it is fun to dress up. I would think about that jeweled formal dress. How much does it weigh and how well does it travel. I would pop another top for the long black skirt-- maybe white lace or red silk. Completely different look but yet only a fraction of suitcase space. Think about hauling the stuff around before it gets a place in luggage. This is why lots of cruises have no formal nights-- people don't want to haul outfits for one use.

We have decided not to bring husband's tux next cruise. I have a nice long black skirt with black and silver top I'd like to wear. He will have a sport coat and silk collarless shirt. No tie. Will we look "unbalanced in tone" with this combination? If this is acceptable, how about a long formal dress with jeweled top on me?

Interesting thing, our TA in October from Barcelona to Tampa will not have any formal nights at all.

Margee

Sounds fine.

Thanks for all your help. I'll be looking for another dressy top for my black skirt. Nothing beaded, but perhaps lace.

I love my formal wear, they are comfortable and pack well. The tux is heavy and we always have it pressed onboard. It is very hot for him if the dining room temperature is very warm.

Margee

Just how fancy are the outfits you're considering for yourself? If you're talking about a dress that's long but fairly simple, I think you're fine. On the other hand, if it's "on the fussy side" with lots of beading, etc., then you might end up looking unbalanced.

Who cares if you look unbalanced, if you love what you are wearing? I dress up every night and my husband typically is in old jeans. He will wear nice pants on formal night. We have fun, and have never had anyone make a comment to us, and it wouldn't bother us at all, if they did.