Calling home

runner1909

Ok, maybe it is me, but I can't find any information about the cost of telephone calls from the ship. Normally I wouldn't care, but we're going to be gone on Christmas Day (Galaxy) and there are some folks I would like to call to wish a happy day. I have looked into renting an Iridium satellite phone, which seems intriguing, to say the least.

I don't recall the exact amount but what sticks in my mind is $6.95 per minute. I will have to look at one of my past ticket folders.

Depending on how much you plan on talking the Iridium phone may be your best best.

I see where you can rent one for $40 dollars per week (3 day return grace period) and $1.75 / Minute.

At 10 minutes you would pay for the rental in savings.

http://www.satphonestore.com/rentals/Rentals.htm

runner, Are you going to be in a port on Christmas Day? You can get international phone cards to use at the pay phones outside the ship. We used them when we were in Europe in Sept. You can buy them at Sam's Club. They worked quite well. Pat

We will be at sea while on the Galaxy Christmas Day (can't think of a better way to spend it :D ). Last year we phoned my in-laws from the Zaandam while floating somewhere in the Caribbean and speaking for about 3 or 4 minutes I do remember it was less than $20. Dh and I thought it was a reasonable amount and will do the same this year.

Archived