GS cabin choice question, Alaskan Southbound

Which one would you choose?

I have GS 1060 (port side) which has the huge balcony booked for our southbound Alaskan cruise. Only thing I worry about is possibly not having a great view forward. 1556 is available on the starboard side which is mid hump which would be great forward and aft.

Is it really a big advantage to have a port side cabin?

Thanks! :D

Port side means "left"...that's all! Has nothing to do with how the ship docks, if that is what you're thinking.

What ship are you sailing? Radiance class is the only one with similar cabin numbers.. If that's your ship, then keep 1060...HUGE balcony...your view isn't obstructed!!!

I would keep the port side stateroom. There are some situations where you will want to go outside for the best view anyhow, so I would not change for a hump on the starboard side.

I had 1060 on an Alaska Southbound cruise last year, it was lovely. No, there is no view directly forward but this wasn't too important to me - the view aft is fantastic. The balcony is enormous and that extra space was lovely. A lot of the balcony is visible to the other balconies down the side of the ship but this didn't worry me too much.

Personally, I would pick this cabin for a future Alaska cruise. I have 1556 on a cruise later in the year, so will be interested to see which I prefer!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Port side means "left"...that's all! Has nothing to do with how the ship docks, if that is what you're thinking.

What ship are you sailing? Radiance class is the only one with similar cabin numbers.. If that's your ship, then keep 1060...HUGE balcony...your view isn't obstructed!!!

I should have mentioned Radiance.:rolleyes:

Yes, I know what side of the ship it's on and how it docks doesn't matter. The reason I asked was as we cruise south, land will be on the port side and the view would be any better. However, if we are far off shore then it won't really matter which side we are on.

I had 1060 on an Alaska Southbound cruise last year, it was lovely. No, there is no view directly forward but this wasn't too important to me - the view aft is fantastic. The balcony is enormous and that extra space was lovely. A lot of the balcony is visible to the other balconies down the side of the ship but this didn't worry me too much.

Personally, I would pick this cabin for a future Alaska cruise. I have 1556 on a cruise later in the year, so will be interested to see which I prefer!

We have two more Radiance cruises coming up for Australia/ New Zealand and I have 1060 booked for them also. I would sure be interested in your opinion of 1556. ;)

We have two more Radiance cruises coming up for Australia/ New Zealand and I have 1060 booked for them also. I would sure be interested in your opinion of 1556. ;)

I always put a review of the cabin with pictures on the sticky thread at the top, so definitely will put something up by early November.

I am actually really looking forward to having 1556 for the location and views both forward and aft.