Public access beach: can we bring a cooler?

NotVeryCreative

It is legal to have open containers on the beach. Might be a good idea to cover your can (no glass!) with a coozie or wrap something around it.

Sorry, can't help with a grocery where you can buy beer. You could google that!

It is legal to have open containers on the beach. Might be a good idea to cover your can (no glass!) with a coozie or wrap something around it.

Sorry, can't help with a grocery where you can buy beer. You could google that!

According to Frommers it is legal to have open containers on the beach. But, they also said they sell beer at most grocery stores, which I found is incorrect, they only sell beer at liquor stores and maybe gas stations. So, I suppose that could be wrong...

BTW - we are boat and pool owners and we definitely follow the "no glass" rules much to many of our friends dismay. :rolleyes:

Hi! We are thinking of going to the public access beach and I have a couple of questions. Can I bring my own cooler with snacks and drinks? And is there a place were I can buy a six pack of beers to put in my cooler? :D

Thanks!

Hi

There was a liquor store about one block down just as you get out of the port area. Fort street, I believe. I haven't been there for a few years, but I would imagine it would still be there.

hope this helps

Yes, you absolutely can bring a cooler to the public beach :)

My friends and I used to do that all the time when I used to live in Grand Cayman.

You can buy beer at Kirk's, Foster's Food Fair, Blackbeard's, and gas stations.

Have fun!

Whoa.

Grocery stores in Cayman are not licensed to sell alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, or liquor. No alcohol at Kirk's, Fosters' or Hurley's supermarkets. Blackbeard's is a liquor store chain and is licensed to sell.

Most gas stations are in a similar situation and do not sell alcohol. A notable exception is the gas station by by Kirk Supermarket which does sell beer.

Many of the liquor stores near the port are duty free shops and not really setup for cash and carry of beer. Notable exception previously referenced by Nic6318 is the Tortuga Liquors store in the Jack and Jill building on Fort Street in George Town.

Yes, you can legally bring a cooler to public areas of the beach and you can have an open container of alcohol there.