Best hotel to stay at night before cruise in Ft Lauerdale?

We'll be at the Best Western Airport/Cruise Port this weekend. Good reviews and a good price ... especially if you're not looking for a beach hotel.

I'll second that.

We most often stay here pre and post cruise. Good value, clean, close to everything you need - including several options for meals.

I'll second that.

We most often stay here pre and post cruise. Good value, clean, close to everything you need - including several options for meals.

Thinking about this hotel. What are the rates, roughly....

For any hotel in south Florida the rates will vary greatly depending upon the season (high = winter; low = summer) and even the day of the week (weekends = high with holiday weekends = highest; weekdays = sometimes lower). To get an idea for your specific date(s) make a mock booking on a third party website (TripAdvisor, hotels.com, etc.) and on the hotel's website.

I have been looking into all the hotels recommended in this forum and the best price that I've found for the dates I need (December 15-18th Pre Cruise) is on Hyatt place Ft. Lauderdale airport & cruise port.

¿Does anyone have stayed there? ¿What do you think of it?

Thanks!

I have been looking into all the hotels recommended in this forum and the best price that I've found for the dates I need (December 15-18th Pre Cruise) is on Hyatt place Ft. Lauderdale airport & cruise port.

¿Does anyone have stayed there? ¿What do you think of it?

Thanks!

Book this hotel on valuetrips.com for the best rate possible. One caveat, there are block out dates mentioned on the site. Not sure if yours fall in the list. But definitely use this popular site if wanting to save from the published rate.

carlosalonsar,

Just to clear something up... The Hyatt Place that is offered through ValueTrips is the one up by the Convention Center off of 17th Street. The one you are looking at is the one down by the airport.

That being said, if you don't have the airport Hyatt in mind for a particular reason the Hyatt Place by the Convention Center is, in my opinion, in a more convient location with lots of restaurants, grocery store and Wines and More nearby.

The ValueTrips rate on that hotel is pretty much the same as what you would be paying at the Hyatt down by the airport for those dates.

We have the Hyatt Place through Valuetrips for 1 night pre-cruise on Dec 4. Through the hotel right now is running $308 plus tx. ValueTrips rate for that date is $149 plus tx. As someone said check the black out dates. If your dates are good, it is a very good rate.

Embassy Suites on 17th Street is very popular with cruisers. Includes nightly cocktails and full breakfast. Any of the main hotel chains on 17th Street are very convenient.

This hotel does not have free shuttle from the airport correct? We always take a taxi in the am to port, so not an issue there. Breakfast is not included, correct? I know I could google these items, so thanks if you choose to reply.

This hotel does not have free shuttle from the airport correct? We always take a taxi in the am to port, so not an issue there. Breakfast is not included, correct? I know I could google these items, so thanks if you choose to reply.

All Embassy Suites have breakfasts and a nightly manager's reception.

carlosalonsar,

Just to clear something up... The Hyatt Place that is offered through ValueTrips is the one up by the Convention Center off of 17th Street. The one you are looking at is the one down by the airport.

That being said, if you don't have the airport Hyatt in mind for a particular reason the Hyatt Place by the Convention Center is, in my opinion, in a more convient location with lots of restaurants, grocery store and Wines and More nearby.

The ValueTrips rate on that hotel is pretty much the same as what you would be paying at the Hyatt down by the airport for those dates.

We have the Hyatt Place through Valuetrips for 1 night pre-cruise on Dec 4. Through the hotel right now is running $308 plus tx. ValueTrips rate for that date is $149 plus tx. As someone said check the black out dates. If your dates are good, it is a very good rate.

Thank you! You're right! I though it was the same Hotel I was looking for. The 17th street has actually a better price. I will try to make a reservation there.

Greetings

We paid $150 including tax for our early March stay this year - which is likely getting into the most expensive time. I booked it on the best western site well in advance. I just looked it up for this coming winter and the rate in mid January is $170.

We really like this hotel. Our family (we always cruise with our two kids) really likes how close we are to everything we need and our pre-cruise dinner at Slackers (sports bar type place in the Mall right beside hotel).

We use their airport shuttle, but take a cab to the port since there is 4 of us. It's about $15-$20 cab ride to the port.

• 1 month later...

Last March we stayed at the Drift Hotel. It was quaint, clean, and very comfortable. We found it on accident as all other hotels were booked. The accident ended up being a nice experience. We prefer a pool at the hotel, but this hotel was a block from the beach. Owner operated.

We are booked at the Bahia Mar FLL Beach Double Tree for October. $126 a night. Seems like good reviews, laid back and a stones throw to the beach. Seems OK to me.

Great location and choice for a moderate hotel across the street from the beach. Restaurants, water taxi, sun trolley, city bus, all available from here. Walking bridge gets your toes in the sand without dealing with street crossing if you'd like.

Tower and marina rooms are preferable. Be sure to stop by the casual and fun Bahia Cabana restaurant on the marina a block away.

Edited by eandj

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know if it is easy to get a taxi on Sunday morning for a cruise? We are staying at Renaissance Cruise Port and cruising from Port everglades. We plan to be at the cruise terminal around 11. Is prebooking needed?

You should have no problem. If there aren't cabs lined up outside your hotel, have the bellman call for one. Of course if you are concerned when you check in, ask the front desk if they recommend you making a reservation the night before.

We have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Free shuttle from the airport and $8 to take you to the cruise port. They also have a full restaurant. We love sitting by the pool watching planes land the night before our cruise. We love it.

We have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza. It's really close to the port and has a restaurant, which is handy. I think the shuttle to the cruiseport is about $8 if I remember correctly and the airport shuttle is free. We have never had an issue with this hotel.