How do I order twin beds?

Mississippian

I'm booked on the Constellation in about six weeks and have an AQ stateroom. I'm traveling with my daughter and want to have the bed divided into two twins. On Princess I can ask for this in the cruise manager, but I didn't see any place to do this on the Celebrity site. How can I ask for the twin beds?

If you booked thru Celebrity just give them a call to request it. They do ask you how you want the bed arranged when you book online. You might have missed it.

If you don't get the time to make the call, know that once on board you can request the beds separated when you meet your room steward. It'll be done by the time bedtime arrives. ;)

If you booked thru Celebrity just give them a call to request it. They do ask you how you want the bed arranged when you book online. You might have missed it.

If you don't get the time to make the call, know that once on board you can request the beds separated when you meet your room steward. It'll be done by the time bedtime arrives. ;)

Yup, you tell your steward and it will be done by the time dinner is over.

That's been are experience.

Seems it would be easier to ask before. Why give the extra work to the cabin attendant of doing it again? I agree with the previous posters, call Celebrity if booked direct or call your T. A. and they can put a request in your file.

Seems it would be easier to ask before. Why give the extra work to the cabin attendant of doing it again? I agree with the previous posters, call Celebrity if booked direct or call your T. A. and they can put a request in your file.

Agree it is easier to ask before. However it's not a guarantee. At least that's been our experience. When I book our Cruises I always request our beds be separated. It even shows the request on my reservation in My Celebrity or whatever Cruise line we're sailing with. Just about every Cruise we've been on the beds are not separated. The couple of times they do get it right we joke about it. We advise the cabin attendant we requested the beds be separated when we booked and if he/she finds time we would appreciate it being done.

In all the times (sailings) that I requested bed positions pre-cruise, it has always been left for me to make the (re)request upon meeting the steward on embarkation. IMO it just doesn't pay to do it beforehand.

The steward does reposition beds PDQ, though, during that evening's turndown.

Agree, make the request before.....the cabin attendant has a long day with it being turnaround day. A simple call will get it done before you get to your room. One less thing for the attendant to do;)

Just something I've learned over the years - it's more considerate to your cabin steward to request it in advance of embarkation day. That way, when he/she makes up the bed in the morning, it's already done. Cabin stewards have it hard on the first day of a new cruise. This makes it a little easier on them so they don't have to scramble to get it done while you're at dinner when they have 2 million other things that have to get done that day. ;)

Obviously, if you requested the beds apart and they aren't done that way (have had this happen a few times), then he/she will do it during dinner for you.

I have always booked on the phone with Celebrity and they have never asked about how I wanted the bed, I have just asked for it, but when I get on board it has never been done. no problem I just ask the room steward when he introduces himself and he takes care of it.

Not sure it's extra work for them, one way or another they are going to have to do it. Simply part of their duties.

Yes, you're right that it's the same amount of work but the timing is the difference. Cabin stewards are really pressured in the afternoon and evening of the first day of cruises. It's their most stressful day and anything to make their lives a little easier is a good thing when it's such a simple request for passengers to do ahead of time. ;)