Traditional Dining On Celebrity Infinity 2018

shagele

My wife and I are frequent cruisers on Princess. When booking a Princess cruise 8 to 24 months in advance we can always request and get traditional dining at 6:00 PM. We decided to try Celebrity so I booked a cruise to the Panama Canal 24 months from now. I requested the traditional dining at 6:00 PM and was surprised when I was told it was not available. The ship is not very booked being 24 months out for sailing, but both my travel agent and Celebrity said the 6:00 PM traditional dining slots were taken and no more were available. Is Celebrity holding back on releasing the 6:00 PM traditional dining slots? Are the 6:00 PM traditional slots being reserved for frequent travelers with the higher status on Celebrity? I find it very interesting that 2 years out from the cruise date I cannot book the traditional dining at 6:00 PM. Maybe Celebrity is a good cruse line, but so far I'm not impressed.

Just ask your TA or Celebrity to put you on the list. I would never do Select if you are interested in Traditional Dining (so much better IMO). Celebrity does Traditional well but for early bookings they seem to hold off before opening the times. Pick Select but make sure you are wait listed for your seating time in Traditional. Everyone says that you clear no problem.

I honestly would not be surprised if, by 2018, the entire dining would be what is now Select, i.e. Open Seating. This would put it in line with a number of the more luxury oriented lines such as Oceania and Azamara.

I honestly would not be surprised if, by 2018, the entire dining would be what is now Select, i.e. Open Seating. This would put it in line with a number of the more luxury oriented lines such as Oceania and Azamara.

This has been mentioned so many times over the last year, with a possibility of the new builds being the implementation date - especially as it has been rumoured that there will be no main dining room, as such, on them. With more emphasis being on the extra suites and smaller dining venues, we will have to see if this is indeed the case ;). Let's hope it works better than Royal's DD ;).