Liberty problems

I think the verbage does hold water. It's there in the contract well before you cruise. If you go on the cruise after reading the contract, you have accepted their terms. They do have a satisfaction clause too. If you don't like the cruise, you can get off at the first port and they will send you home.

If you don't like the cruise you have to notify within 24 hours of boarding.

The refund is 110% of the cruise fare.

It is not a refund of any govt taxes and fees; which can make up 30% or more of your total cruise costs. Not to mention you won't get your vacation time back, which isn't really Carnival's problem, but something each person has to consider if it is worth losing hundreds of dollars in taxes and fees to get off the ship as soon as possible. I can imagine a lot of other expenses associated with getting back home that Carnival is not responsible for.

So being disappointed and upset may not be enough to cause people to lose hundreds of dollars and completely miss out on their vacation.

If you don't like the cruise you have to notify within 24 hours of boarding.

The refund is 110% of the cruise fare.

It is not a refund of any govt taxes and fees; which can make up 30% or more of your total cruise costs. Not to mention you won't get your vacation time back, which isn't really Carnival's problem, but something each person has to consider if it is worth losing hundreds of dollars in taxes and fees to get off the ship as soon as possible. I can imagine a lot of other expenses associated with getting back home that Carnival is not responsible for.

So being disappointed and upset may not be enough to cause people to lose hundreds of dollars and completely miss out on their vacation.

The vacation guarantee is something they put out there. We are scheduled for the July 2nd cruise on Liberty. Port fees, taxes and port expenses are $131.40 for both of us. I don't have the guarantee in front of me so I can't argue what they pay, or not pay for. But as you say. It's up to each individual to determine if it's worth staying on board if they are having a miserable time. Of course you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't be on the cruise for most of it and then decide you don't like it.

Things happen people. My last cruise had horrible weather abd it was a four day. First port missed because couldn't safely tender. Second port missed initially because couldn't safely get into port. Third day made the port but itinerary got all jacked up. Was it the cruise I booked no but was it better then being at work yes.

When people complain about issues such as missing ports it sites how spoiled we have become.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've been on 36 Carnival cruises. We've missed a lot of ports over the years on Carnival and on other cruise lines. Safety should always come first and we understand that. This time was different. I've learned o take what Carnival tells me and omits telling me with scepticism because of other instances in which I felt deceived by them. Like any big company, I feel they weigh profit against risk of an unhappy passenger and decide what's greater. That's life. The last bad experience we had was on the Dream. We took our 45th anniversary cruise in August, 2014. Our cabin was warm when we boarded, but it was August. We closed our curtains and went up to Lido for sail away. When we returned to our cabin, it was sweltering. We noticed that the a.c. vent cover had been removed and placed behind the dresser stool. We went to guest services day after day and they couldn't fix the a.c. We couldn't sleep. We had to spend all day in the public areas. Our wonderful cabin steward gave us use of her personal fan or we would have had to sleep in a public area. We finally convinced the rude head of guest services to come to our room. The temperature was 80 degrees at that time. Of course he apologized, but we asked him why they even allowed us into that cabin because they knew of the issue before we boarded - we showed him where the vent cover was stored. He offered a discount off our next cruise. There were no other cabins available. We told him all we wanted was a.c. on this cruise. It never happened. So, please excuse me if I am skeptical of what happened with the Liberty. We have another cruise scheduled with the kids and grandkids this summer on the Dream. We've been on her once since that hot mess of a cruise. As a matter of fact, we've been 5 Carnival cruises since then. I do know about corporations and their choices. One cruise line or another, they all make decisions the same way. I don't trust any of them to be totally truthful. Heck, they even keep their employees in the dark.

That video proves the bow thrusters were working fine when we left Progresso. The broken ropes on the Mexico military boat is not that unusual. It happens.

Does the video show 3 distinct wakes from the bow thrusters? Because only one of three is reported as out.

Does the video show 3 distinct wakes from the bow thrusters? Because only one of three is reported as out.

It's hard to tell from the video but I'm only seeing two.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk