Seattle or Vancouver for Alaska?

ACoupleAtSea

We are sailing out of Vancouver in June next year. It is too early to book air, but from the flights we have seen, the Vancouver flights were cheaper than flying into Seattle and the cruise itself was cheaper from Vancouver. We booked the Infinity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Granted, I am referring to a Carnival cruise here, but I did not experience that.

We sailed out of Seattle and we were in the Pacific that day and night, the next day we were in the inside passage, then day 3 were in in Tracy Arm Fjord, the next days were spent in port.

Perhaps Celebrity sails it differently out of Seattle then?

Typical example of Celebrity Solstice 7 night itinerary round trip Seattle, with Tracy Arm and Juneau both sharing the same day,

Victoria evening stop only (5:30PM-11:59PM),

and 2 days spent at sea:

Edited by varoo

The cost of flying into and out of Vancouver is often astronomical compared with Seattle. Easy enough to fly into Seattle and take Amtrak or Quickcoach to Vancouver, but it's one more step to consider. I'd still prefer Vancouver and the Inside Passage, though.

That has been our strategy several times. The quickcoach works fine.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

That's with any big city you go to.

Sorry, I disagree, had been in NYC, Philly and DC prior to my cruise and Seattle was much worse. Apparently, it is encouraged to beg with your dogs and just lie around on the sidewalk. Nowhere near the other cities.

Sorry, I disagree, had been in NYC, Philly and DC prior to my cruise and Seattle was much worse. Apparently, it is encouraged to beg with your dogs and just lie around on the sidewalk. Nowhere near the other cities.

Some places in the USA and World for that matter are far worse. One reason that I loved East Asia and Australia is that you just don't see street people betting, etc. Of course, India is one of the worst for beggars.

When we lived in the DC area some years ago, DC had an ordinance against aggressive panhandling that seemed to help. NYC was great under Giuliani, not sure how it is today.

Some places in the USA and World for that matter are far worse. One reason that I loved East Asia and Australia is that you just don't see street people betting, etc. Of course, India is one of the worst for beggars.

When we lived in the DC area some years ago, DC had an ordinance against aggressive panhandling that seemed to help. NYC was great under Giuliani, not sure how it is today.

I was an inner city Police Officer so know a little about this, there was just something about Seattle that struck me badly. Watching a woman everyday with her dog that I believe was sedated and then seeing her get into her almost brand new Toyota Corolla didn't help. Like I said, it just seems like its encouraged.

Edited by dkjretired