Free at sea in guarantee balcony?

yogi636

Is this new with the newest promotion? I booked a balcony guarantee on the last promotion (pick 2) and got the drink package and SDP dining package.

I realize the choices are a little different now but guarantees definitely got them.

GUARANTEE staterooms EXCLUDED. Offer is not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX.

Please share where you found this info. Guarantee's should receive whatever the promotion is for the category selected, i.e. guarantee balcony receives the same promo as any other balcony. I can't find any reference to what you suggest in the terms and conditions?

I can't find any reference to what you suggest in the terms and conditions?
Have another look, about six lines down from the top. But this restriction only appeared there a couple of days ago. It was not in the terms when they were first released at the beginning of the month.

Have another look, about six lines down from the top. But this restriction only appeared there a couple of days ago. It was not in the terms when they were first released at the beginning of the month.

On my future cruise, there was a large pirce drop on ALL guarantees a couple days after the new promo came out. This could be why a change happened after the fact. I have a selected large balcony and feel with the OBC, and pick 2 I came out much more ahead than anything offered with this promo, with or without a guarantee.

Guarantee staterooms could appear in categories other than IX, OX, BX, MX, so best to do a mock booking.
That's a good point, and conversely, it is possible to make a non-guarantee booking in the X categories (there are a small number of cabins that actually belong to those categories, and you can select one of those and not enter into the GTY assignment process).

Free at Sea is like saying a restaurant offers a steak dinner package with 2 free glasses of wine for $60. If you don't want the wine, it is $40.

So ... um ... the wine isn't really free is it.

Booking the guarantee rate doesn't include the promotions. You pay a higher price if you want the promotions. So the promotions aren't really free.

FREE AT SEA

Book any stateroom (excluding IX, OX, BX & MX categories) and enjoy our May Bonus Offers. It’s game on with a $100 Arcade Credit. Make memories last a lifetime with our complimentary Photo Package. Plus, bring a friend for those picture-perfect moments for free on select sailings.

Book a Suite or Haven and get our Photo and Arcade Credit bonus offer, plus Free Specialty Dining, Free Beverage Package, Free Shore Excursions, and Free WiFi.

From the current T&C's

Terms & Conditions

Booking Window: May 1, 2016 - May 22, 2016 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings:Select 5 night or longer

Studios & Insides: Get Photo and Arcade Credit

Oceanviews, Balconies & Mini-Suites: Get Photo & Arcade Credit plus pick 1 more choice.

Suites & Haven Automatically get Photo Credit, Arcade Credit, Specialty Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package, Shore Excursion Credit and 250 Minutes Free Wifi.

Offer excluded on IX, OX, BX, MX stateroom categories

Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the Ultimate Beverage Package.

Valid on 5+ night sailings.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, New Group Delegates and FS bookings.

Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates. RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at anytime.

Offer is not valid for Affinity Groups.

Promotion cannot be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All Guests in stateroom must choose same offer.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary on board service charges and are additional.

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetours or BUNDLES.

No components included in this offer have any monetary value, are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL, and NCL ASIA. Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

Hawaii Choice Promotion

Hotel night must be booked greater than 30 days based on EST.

Offer is for New Individual FIT reservations. Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates. RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at anytime.

Promotion cannot be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All guests must have the same choice.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, General Excise Tax (GET), and discretionary on board service charges are additional.

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

No components included in this offer have any monetary value, are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetours or BUNDLES.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL, and NCL ASIA. Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

1 Night Pre-Hotel Hawaii Cruises Only

Not valid 30 days or less from sailing.

Offer is only available when booking primary package CHOICEHAW1NTPRE.

Blackout sail dates apply, see NCL Help for details.

1 night pre hotel offer is only available for FIT reservations.

1 night pre hotel offer is for Waikiki Marriott Resort - City View.

In the event that the hotel scheduled to be used in your package is unavailable, for any reason, Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to substitute the hotel included in your package with other similar accommodations/services.

1 night pre hotel offer is available on reservations with 4 guests or less.

Transfers from the hotel to the pier are included.

Offer only valid for one night hotel stay. Extension cannot be accommodated through this offer.

Ultimate Beverage Package: Excluded on Hawaii Cruises

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package prior to cruise.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Packageare included when booking through the Australia office.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

Internet Package:

250 minutes per stateroom.

Internet package is per stateroom. One login per stateroom.

On Breakaway, stateroom receives an internet package of 250 minutes or 1000 MB of data.

Internet package includes activation fee.

Specialty Dining Package: Hawaii Cruises Only

3 meal Specialty Dining Package is applied to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package prior to cruise.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

Package is based on a per meal basis.

Specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

A la carte priced restaurants are excluded (i.e. Sushi)

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: Sushi Bar ($7)

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Jefferson's Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00 per person.

There is no minimum or maximum to the number of meals that can be redeemed in a day, however each meal is counted towards the package.

50 Photo Package:

Duplicate prints are not included in this offer. All guests in the stateroom are eligible for free photos, with a maximum of 50 total prints per stateroom.

Photos can only be redeemed in one transaction by the first guest on the reservation.

Photo sizes included are 6"x8" and/or 8"x10"

Only standard photos are available for this offer.

Stock photos, canvas prints, and metal prints are not included in this offer.

USB product and or digital files are not included in this offer.

Offer cannot be used at the Perspectives Photography Studio.

Photo Packages are per cabin and cannot be combined with any other offer and is not transferrable between ships or cruises

$100 Arcade Credit:

Credit is per stateroom and applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Arcade credit is applicable for use in the arcade and O'Sheehans amusement only.

Credit is not transferable and non-refundable. Use the credit or lose it.

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

$50 shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

In the event a port of call is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports.

Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Extra Guests Sail Free Promotion

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is not combinable with existing group block rates and cannot be held as group block.

Offer valid for guests 3-4 sharing a stateroom with guests 1-2 paying full fare.

Offer only valid on select sailings.

3 & 4 Guests Sail Free dates are subject to change at any time without notice.

No deposit is required for qualifying 3 & 4 guests.

If there are guests 5 - 8 in a reservation, those guests will be required to pay prevailing fares.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary on board service charges and are additional.

Applicable to NCL MIAMI, NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL ASIA and NCL BRAZIL . Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index). In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day. Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2016 NCL Corporation Ltd

Free at Sea is like saying a restaurant offers a steak dinner package with 2 free glasses of wine for $60. If you don't want the wine, it is $40.

Booking the guarantee rate doesn't include the promotions. You pay a higher price if you want the promotions. So the promotions aren't really free.

So true! Back in April I could of got a inside guarantee cabin for 7 days on Breakaway for $699 (no drink package) or pay $899 and have the "free" drink package. A free package that cost me $200! SMH Then I need to pay the "Promotion Service Charge of $99.50 on top of the $200 extra. This now brings me to $295.50 for the free drink package! That equals $42.78 a day for all you can drink, definitely not free! These Marketing people are genius!

But starting May 1st all guarantee bookings do not include the drink promotion, regardless of inside, balcony, mini-suite

Edited by ksmcdonald

On my future cruise, there was a large pirce drop on ALL guarantees a couple days after the new promo came out. This could be why a change happened after the fact. I have a selected large balcony and feel with the OBC, and pick 2 I came out much more ahead than anything offered with this promo, with or without a guarantee.

I have experienced similar. A couple of weeks ago I booked Norwegian Spirit for Christmas 2017 with a specific cabin number for £1209 pp including UBP this was the cheapest balcony cabin available that day , a few day later checked again and was surprised that the cheapest balcony cabin was now £1939 pp however this was for a GTY Balcony so no UBP and my selected category of cabin had increased to £1279 pp. I think I just caught the pricing on the right day for my booking.

Free at Sea is like saying a restaurant offers a steak dinner package for 2 with unlimited glasses of wine during dinner and invites you to stay until closing time and enjoy the free live entertainment and dancing in their lounge after dinner and feel free to order all you want from the bar all for $60.

If you don't want the wine, it is $40.

So ... no ... the wine isn't really free.

But a nice steak dinner for 2 with wine and an open bar with a few more glasses of wine for 2 for a few hours for $60 is a very good value.

Edited by AdGuyMG

So true! Back in April I could of got a inside guarantee cabin for 7 days on Breakaway for $699 (no drink package) or pay $899 and have the "free" drink package. A free package that cost me $200! SMH Then I need to pay the "Promotion Service Charge of $99.50 on top of the $200 extra. This now brings me to $295.50 for the free drink package! That equals $42.78 a day for all you can drink, definitely not free! These Marketing people are genius!

But starting May 1st all guarantee bookings do not include the drink promotion, regardless of inside, balcony, mini-suite

The 99.50 is for one person, that sounds correct if you are sailing solo.

The 99.50 is for one person, that sounds correct if you are sailing solo.

I was quoting per person, but I am traveling with my husband. 99.50 X 2 = $199 added to our account, plus $200 more to book with promo instead of sail-away price. Ended up costing us $600 more to take the free at sea promotion than the sail away price of $699.

I still think we got a great price and I am happy with what I booked and paid for, just that it is not technically "free at sea"!

I suppose really what all this is saying basically "there's no such thing as a free lunch"

When I booked my Dec 2017 cruise on Spirit, as I said in a previous post the cheapest Balcony cabin was UK£ 1209 pp with a free Drinks package, there were no GTY prices available then. 2 weeks later GTY prices were available at £70 less but no Drinks package. So I suppose I paid £70 for my drinks package as when booking in the UK they're is no additional charge for gratuities on the "free" package. I'm happy, 12 days of drInks for £70 still sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Great metaphor!

When I booked Escape last month, the balcony guarantee rate was $699. However, if I wanted "free at sea," the guaranteed balcony rate was $899 plus $279 in gratuities....making it $1038.50 per person, plus the highest tax/port charges I've ever seen.

So to answer the OP's question, yes, it does apply to the guarantee rate, as long as you're willing to pay more for it. At least, it did last month.