Gangway on Pride collapses

LMaxwell

Deck 1 (?). Pier level forward. Where the crew boards usually. Might get a little wet if it's raining but probably easier since you don't have to walk up all of the ramps.

Hey! No fair actually giving out real facts and information :D

I assumed it would be A.

Last cruise on the Pride last month, after returning from Half Moon Cay, we didn't come back in the normal way through Deck A. It wasat another place where it looked like they stored stuff and they had a walkway roped off to the elevator/stairs. Definitely was an area that was normally off-limits to guests.

Hope for and update from passengers on Embarkment and Disembarkment process without Gangway. Any Delays, Issues? Leaving on the Pride in 3 weeks.

I asked Steve, the CD, as we were getting off on May 15 how long until things are back to normal. He replied, "February."

It looks like you'll be embarking on and debarking from Deck A, just like we did.

We were part of the group waiting to get on after the incident. Lots of excitement at the port for sure. Port employees gave us updates every now and then, once even stating that the voyage might not happen on May 8. Those of us in line since 9:00 AM were told to leave and not return until 1:00 PM. Some people left but we did not because we are not from the area so we had nowhere to go. The parking lot was closed to traffic around 11:00 AM.

By 12:30 the doors were opened, we were allowed to check in and boarded right away. We are Platinum and, interestingly enough, our kids who are not were checked in and waiting for us.

We left port about two hours later than expected.

We had a wonderful cruise with no repercussions for the accident.

That's a shame. I'll be boarding in September -- I for one get a bit of an adrenaline rush as I go across the gangway boarding the ship, knowing that the stresses of the world are at one end and I'm headed towards the other .. It's part of the thrill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's a shame. I'll be boarding in September -- I for one get a bit of an adrenaline rush as I go across the gangway boarding the ship, knowing that the stresses of the world are at one end and I'm headed towards the other .. It's part of the thrill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am a little bummed that the couple traveling with us will not get the WOW moment entering in to the lobby. But we are getting on - so we will adjust! ;)

I have two cruises this summer on the Pride. I'm very okay with entering via the front gangway used at ports. That never-ending gangway at Baltimore is killer with a wheelchair. At many embarkations I push my mother on in her personal wheelchair - at Baltimore, I can't do it and we wait for wheelchair assistance.

I wonder why, at least before the gangway was destroyed, Grandeur of the Seas allows wheelchairs to embark and disembark on level 1 (or A) in Baltimore, but not Pride.

I just disembarked from the RC Grandeur today. The missing gangplank didn't seem to impede entry or exit from the boat.

• 2 weeks later...
It appears that Carnival isn't the only one having problems with piers. Wonder if a certain someone will chime in on how bad Celebrity is too? Probably not since they live to point out Carnival's "flaws".

http://www.ktva.com/video-celebrity-cruise-ship-slams-into-ketchikan-dock-501/#.V1IsDpVazI8.twitter

OUCH!!! That had to hurt....

Way, way, way too much forward "way" or motion on the ship to be approaching the dolphins like that. That's what took out the catwalk was the dolphin flexing forward and buckling the structure. Surprised at the little apparent damage to the ship, though any denting there would most likely not be dealt with until scheduled drydock.

It appears that Carnival isn't the only one having problems with piers. Wonder if a certain someone will chime in on how bad Celebrity is too? Probably not since they live to point out Carnival's "flaws".

http://www.ktva.com/video-celebrity-cruise-ship-slams-into-ketchikan-dock-501/#.V1IsDpVazI8.twitter

It should be a crime to post crappy video on the internet. Fingers over the lens. Waving side to side like they're purposely trying to give us motion sickness.

though any denting there would most likely not be dealt with until scheduled drydock.

If there's a life boat above that area, they'll probably just lower it while in port to hide the dent until they can fix it. RCI did that with Grandeur for 6 months.