Just off Adventure of the Seas - VOOM

VOOM is slated to start today (Sunday) according to multiple sources on ship.

Connoisseur Club to be converted to library when in drydock

Suite Lounge/Concierge Lounge to be moved from 9th floor interior to 14th floor port side with floor to ceiling window views.

Chops Grille to be placed on 4th floor opposite Schooner bar.

Deck 5 Promenade - Sports Bar most likely to be replaced by Vintages.

Waverider should be put on Sports Deck - however sports personnel are very concerned about monetary cutbacks.

Additional inside cabins on deck 3 where Jester's was and on deck 12 forward where the jogging track is there should be panorama view cabins installed with a stair entrance to deck 13 above them for chaise lounges and viewing.

VOOM is slated to start today (Sunday) according to multiple sources on ship.

Connoisseur Club to be converted to library when in drydock

Suite Lounge/Concierge Lounge to be moved from 9th floor interior to 14th floor port side with floor to ceiling window views.

Chops Grille to be placed on 4th floor opposite Schooner bar.

Deck 5 Promenade - Sports Bar most likely to be replaced by Vintages.

Waverider should be put on Sports Deck - however sports personnel are very concerned about monetary cutbacks.

Additional inside cabins on deck 3 where Jester's was and on deck 12 forward where the jogging track is there should be panorama view cabins installed with a stair entrance to deck 13 above them for chaise lounges and viewing.

Thanks for the info. Surprised they won't be installing another specialty restaurant.

Seems like no Izumi, which is unfortunate.

I think it's the first Voyager class ship that's getting the CL moved to Viking Crown instead of a restaurant.

Is it taking over the entire Viking lounge or is it just a portion and the other is still open to all guests?

I would expect that because "port side" was mentioned, it will be just like Liberty where the lounge replaced the card and game rooms.

I think it's the first Voyager class ship that's getting the CL moved to Viking Crown instead of a restaurant.

Yes, I noticed that. I wonder if it has something to do with the possible switch to all Suite Lounges, instead of CLs.

Is it taking over the entire Viking lounge or is it just a portion and the other is still open to all guests?

Most likely just the port side area that is currently home to small card rooms. For reference, it will most likely be in the same place that Izumi is on Navigator.

We love the Viking Lounge, and we will be on Adventure in August, so I'm hoping its only a portion and not the entire lounge.

None of these updates are due to take place until Oct/Nov 2016 anyway. And as I said earlier, It will almost definitely just be the port side area.

The Viking Lounge should stay intact as it is.

The SL/CL will take the place of card rooms on deck 14, which probably will be moved to the interior 9th floor currently occupied by the CL, where Ryno (pronounced ray-no) Strapp is the concierge.

Sucel is still the concierge in the DL. She replaced Cleon Fraser 5 weeks ago when he went to the Royal Genie school and is to be placed on the Harmony to service 3 high priced suites when she sails.

Because of the new ships coming on line about 10-20% of employees in each category are being replaced by other employees, mostly coming from the Radiance class ships and below.

As a side note on the sailings of April 16,23 & 30 there were no Pinnacles on board.

There were also less than 200 Diamond & Diamond+ members on all 3 cruises, so there was no crowding in either the CL or DL.

Abigal was the C&A loyalty representative until the end of the April 23 cruise when she was re-deployed on the Independence in the same roll.

She arranged for a meal with the officer on her last 2 cruises for the Diamond+ members that qualified.

Although there were 12 qualifying members for the April 30 sailing no meal with an officer occurred with the new LA stating that no one requested the meal. Personally, I know of 5 other Diamond+ who requested a meal with an officer on the last sea day. Make your own conclusions.

There was no welcome back C&A party, but there was a top tier event. This is in concurrence with other ships according to multiple posters on other threads.

On Adventure now... has been no Pinnacles for the last 4 cruises...only 39 of us D+'s and approx 80-100 D's. Cafe Promenade very crowded just after 9:00pm each night...ship really needs more night options for food.

BTW: Voom working great but speed so far seems to vary greatly. I'm just greatful for unlimited at $9.99 a day pre-purchased because onboard it would have been $12.99.

Edited by Ashland

BTW: Voom working great but speed so far seems to vary greatly. I'm just greatful for unlimited at $9.99 a day pre-purchased because onboard it would have been $12.99.

Would appreciate a report on actual speed.

On Adventure now... has been no Pinnacles for the last 4 cruises...only 39 of us D+'s and approx 80-100 D's. Cafe Promenade very crowded just after 9:00pm each night...ship really needs more night options for food.

I am so glad to know that Adventure has Voom as I will be on her in 2 1/2 weeks and will need the internet. Thanks for the verification...

Quick question: can we apply Diamond Coupons to Voom, or only regular speed internet on Adventure?

They're getting rid of the jogging track? Or are they just putting something near the track? That will bum me out because I use that track everyday. Not that I'm on the ship often enough for them to care, haha!

No, the jogging track is just getting shortened, as it won't be able to go all the way around the front of the ship because of the new cabins.

Like this:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%207.18.11%20PM_zpsbf8n4rtg.png

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I am so glad to know that Adventure has Voom as I will be on her in 2 1/2 weeks and will need the internet. Thanks for the verification...

Nowhere in this thread has the existence of real VOOM been confirmed. Without a real world speed test, one can't tell what the ship has. Someone "feeling" that VOOM worked well means nothing.

No, the jogging track is just getting shortened, as it won't be able to go all the way around the front of the ship because of the new cabins.

Like this:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-09%20at%207.18.11%20PM_zpsbf8n4rtg.png

That's a major bummer. That's gonna block out a lot of light on the pool deck too.