Just Curious

SS Cruise Lady

OK, 7 weeks vacation a year??? I am so jealous :p .

BUT I can see the downside. I would run out of money somewhere around week 5 of cruising each year. So as you can see, our 3-4 weeks is the perfect balance of time and money.......if I keep telling myself that I will feel better about that whole 7 weeks Carole has.......HAH :D !

BlazerBoy: Thanks. Still to early to adopt another dog, but we will. Scooby came from a shelter and she was a great member of our family. My husband is thinking about a Bassett Hound (or a Bassett mix from the shelter). Think we'll look in the spring. For now I'll just enjoy the photo of Hubble :) .

I get 7 weeks. It's called leave time. We use it for both sick and vacation. Since I refuse to use a leave day for illness, I just come to work every day and use the time for vacation.

So are you saying that if you have the flu or a cold you go to work and take the chance on spreading the illness to your co-workers?

6 weeks for me between vacation, personal, Floating holidays and sick. We're allowed to use them any way we want and can carry a week over to the following year. I'm also in Sr. Management, so we also have a pretty liberal "if you need a day, take a day" type of policy. Believe me, with the travel and hours I give them at work, I earn the time off. My SO also gets 6 weeks as well.

We're becoming twice-yearly cruisers, but also include an additional landbased vacation. Additionally, since I travel a lot for business, I frequently can turn that into a long weekend.

So are you saying that if you have the flu or a cold you go to work and take the chance on spreading the illness to your co-workers?

Never had the flu; I always get a shot. On the rare occasion that I have had a cold, it came from a co-worker who already spread it around. Usually the only things I have to manage are allergy/hay fever related. I guess at my age, I've developed immunities to whatever is around. Trust me, if I attempted to bring something awful to work, my life would be made so miserable, that I would have to go home anyway.

(Still) off topic to 'Just add water'-

Hubble's a rescue dog, too, and we found him through Petfinders.org, a great web resource, and you can be specific about breed and part of the country. If you want to see more of Hubble, go to Dogster.com, and search by his name! I know, a dog with his own web page!:rolleyes: We really ARE obsessed!:D

Andrew

We have the same type of time off as Andrew.....PTO Paid Time Off.

Everything is combined...sick time, vacation time, "personal time"..whatever that is anymore.

Anyway, I will be working for the same company 15 years this December.

I have 4 weeks a year.

Lucky for me I am one of those people who never gets sick. Honestly,

I cannot remember the last time I missed work due to an illness. So I use it

for vacations!!!

2005 I took 2 cruises. Now, 2004 was really special.......I took 4.

People ask me what I do for a living......I say, "I work to to cruise":)

I have been with my company for 19 years and get 4 weeks of vacation each year plus 4 floating holidays. I can accrue up to 2 times my allotted vacation time (8 weeks) and will lose any excess vacation hours that I might have on the books by the time my anniversary date rolls around. I presently have 7 1/2 weeks of vacation accrued, but my anniversary date is September, so I can carry as much excess vacation as I want, as long as I'm down to no more than 8 weeks by next September.

BlazerBoy: Went to Hubble's site. Left him a bone :) . He is REALLY cute. Loved the nickname "Bunny Butt"....too funny. We have friends who have a Corgi named "Boomer" (like the Indiana Pacers mascot). It is a fitting name for the bundle of energy that dog is. We need something a little, shall we say, SLOWER :D . Will look on the website you suggested. Thanks again.

Archived