I'm sure many of you remember...

Greg,

One of the funniest posts was the guy who referred to you as "the bombastic reverend". :D Got a lot of chuckles out of that one. I'm glad to see you're living up to your name with your podcasts.

Roz

Hello everybody!

I am, indeed, alive and well and greatly appreciate the concern over my absence. Life in the "Real World" has been very busy. In addition to having been moved to a much larger church a couple of years ago, which has occasioned my turning my focus elsewhere, I have also become very busy in my online ministry with a new phase of its outreach: live broadcasting.

I have always resisted talking much about religion on CruiseCritic, principally because this is a site about cruising and I've always respected that. However, I'll say a word about what I'm doing that is keeping me away from here.

I broadcast live on a service called YouNow every night (except most Friday nights) from about 8pm US Central time until about midnight (same timezone). It's a religion-oriented Q&A broadcast in which I deal with issues of Religion, faith, philosophy and other such matters. The largest portion of my broadcast audience is young people -- ages 13 to 25 -- and, it would appear, I'm rather popular among them. Over the past year since I began broadcasting I've picked up a fan-base of just a hair over 84,000 with an average nightly viewership of at least 35,000 (sometimes much higher) during the four-hour broadcast. If you would like to visit me some evening, please feel free to do so. I will not be live tonight (Thursday night) because I have to give a lecture at an out-of-state church and won't have time to broadcast, however I will be back on Saturday night for my normal broadcast at about 8pm US Central time.

www.YouNow.com/DrGreg (WARNING: YouNow doesn't particularly like Safari, but it works great on FireFox and Chrome)

If you'd like to read a news article about this new phase of my online ministry, you can do so here: "By day, an East Texas pastor. By night, a social media star to teens."

Again, thank you for your concern. I'm flattered by the interest after so long an absence. However, to paraphrase Mark Twain: "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." :D

Rev. Neal we are so happy to hear that you are indeed alive & well & happy in your new position..

We've always looked forward to your informative & fun posts! :):):)