I'm sure many of you remember...

There was a Reverend who posted on this board fairly often and was an avid cruiser. He may have been a Priest. His screen name may have been Reverend Neal??

What happened to him? He has not posted in a very long time. Did he start cruising on another line?

No reason for asking other than being curious........

Claudia

Greg Neal (Revneal boardname) is alive, and well, and so busy with his non-cruising life that he doesn't post here anymore.

Yes, he is still cruising on HAL. As Topsham said, Greg was on the Volendam from Hong Kong to Vancouver a little over a year ago; I was there, so know this for a fact.

My recollection is that RevNeal (a Methodist minister) was given a promotion in his conference and has been very busy with his primary job.

I may be wrong but that's my best opinion.

Roy

Besides the move to a larger church, he's also become (much to his surprise) a very popular podcaster (or is that pod-pastor? :) ) which leaves not much time for CC.

Met RevNeal on the aforementioned Volendam cruise and enjoyed chatting with him a lot. Good on him for the promotion and (I'm sure) well-deserved fame.

Besides the move to a larger church, he's also become (much to his surprise) a very popular podcaster (or is that pod-pastor? :) ) which leaves not much time for CC.

Thank you for that. I've downloaded a few of his sermons and will use them on days where I'm traveling with no church available.

Roy

Hello everybody!

I am, indeed, alive and well and greatly appreciate the concern over my absence. Life in the "Real World" has been very busy. In addition to having been moved to a much larger church a couple of years ago, which has occasioned my turning my focus elsewhere, I have also become very busy in my online ministry with a new phase of its outreach: live broadcasting.

I have always resisted talking much about religion on CruiseCritic, principally because this is a site about cruising and I've always respected that. However, I'll say a word about what I'm doing that is keeping me away from here.

I broadcast live on a service called YouNow every night (except most Friday nights) from about 8pm US Central time until about midnight (same timezone). It's a religion-oriented Q&A broadcast in which I deal with issues of Religion, faith, philosophy and other such matters. The largest portion of my broadcast audience is young people -- ages 13 to 25 -- and, it would appear, I'm rather popular among them. Over the past year since I began broadcasting I've picked up a fan-base of just a hair over 84,000 with an average nightly viewership of at least 35,000 (sometimes much higher) during the four-hour broadcast. If you would like to visit me some evening, please feel free to do so. I will not be live tonight (Thursday night) because I have to give a lecture at an out-of-state church and won't have time to broadcast, however I will be back on Saturday night for my normal broadcast at about 8pm US Central time.

www.YouNow.com/DrGreg (WARNING: YouNow doesn't particularly like Safari, but it works great on FireFox and Chrome)

If you'd like to read a news article about this new phase of my online ministry, you can do so here: "By day, an East Texas pastor. By night, a social media star to teens."

Again, thank you for your concern. I'm flattered by the interest after so long an absence. However, to paraphrase Mark Twain: "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." :D

Greg Neal (Revneal boardname) is alive, and well, and so busy with his non-cruising life that he doesn't post here anymore.

Yes, he is still cruising on HAL. As Topsham said, Greg was on the Volendam from Hong Kong to Vancouver a little over a year ago; I was there, so know this for a fact.

Dearest Ruth, I most especially have missed you! It's now been more than a year since I've been blessed to be aboard a damship with you. I pray you continue well and I hope to cruise with you, again, in the near future.

Dearest Ruth, I most especially have missed you! It's now been more than a year since I've been blessed to be aboard a damship with you. I pray you continue well and I hope to cruise with you, again, in the near future.

Aw, shucks. That's so sweet to read. Last year was a fun time, wasn't it. I'll never forget the "laying on of hands" experience. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Aw, shucks. That's so sweet to read. Last year was a fun time, wasn't it. I'll never forget the "laying on of hands" experience. ;)

OMG! That was a wonderful cruise and we had a wonderful time!

I hope we get to do so, again, in the future.

<snip> ...I have also become very busy in my online ministry with a new phase of its outreach: live broadcasting.

<snip>

www.YouNow.com/DrGreg (WARNING: YouNow doesn't particularly like Safari, but it works great on FireFox and Chrome)

If you'd like to read a news article about this new phase of my online ministry, you can do so here: "By day, an East Texas pastor. By night, a social media star to teens."

Again, thank you for your concern. I'm flattered by the interest after so long an absence. However, to paraphrase Mark Twain: "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." :D

Good to see you here on CC. Congrats on the new endeavor! :)

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the best posts I have read on CC. RevNeal, you seem to be loved by many...blessings to you and all of the lives you have touched. Happiness! (Not shouting just celebrating) [emoji3]

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have always appreciated the kindness I've been shown here. There are many wonderful people here.

Hi Greg,

Yes, good to hear from you. Congratulations on the new job. Don't forget us.

Happy cruising!

Stephen

Thank you, Stephen.

I'm not forgetting about y'all, and I look forward to my next cruise.