Vista Sister name?

Hey, I've been saying for a while now that Vista's sister will likely be called Carnival Horizon due to Vista and Horizon being tossed around as names when both the new ships were in the planning phase.

Vista got chosen obviously but I was suddenly reminded of this estimate when someone asked John on the Live feed today 'What will the Vista's sister be called?' where John replied 'I cant tell you except it has 7 letters'

Horizon...I count 7 letters :)

Now I know theres many great ship names with 7 letters but you heard it here first. I am wrong you can feed me Guys burgers til I vomit.

Carnival Horizon.......is on the Horizon.

In the other post about this, the OP said that John Heald indicated the name was seven letters long and it did NOT have a "Z" in it...which if true would eliminate Horizon.

My guess is Carnival Compass.

Misty

Sorry I missed all these threads.. When is this ship set to debut? In Europe? Always looking to plan my next Europe trip lol

Europe in 2018! Start saving now.[emoji16]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In the other post about this, the OP said that John Heald indicated the name was seven letters long and it did NOT have a "Z" in it...which if true would eliminate Horizon.

My guess is Carnival Compass.

Misty

I ended up sat at the table next to John and Jacinta in the Steakhouse last week on Vista and he told me it was "Seven letters and ending with an N" so Horizon sounds good.

What I don't understand when they are naming the ships, is why no use something new? Celebrity has Horizon. There are numerous ships with the same name on different lines. Why not chose something that has not yet been used???

What I don't understand when they are naming the ships, is why no use something new? Celebrity has Horizon. There are numerous ships with the same name on different lines. Why not chose something that has not yet been used???

Celebrity HAD a 'Horizon'....it left their fleet in 2005, but I agree with you...there are too many cases of a name being used by two or more cruise lines prefixed by the name of the line. While some might say, "all the good names are taken"...some lines still manage to be unique, while keeping traditional names that are identified with their history, such as the "dam ships" of Holland America, or the Cunard 'Queens'.....

Well, if it were up to me, there would be no chance for me convincing my dear partner of going on another inaugural cruise if I were to pick the name of Vista's sister ship:

Using the 7-letter no Z rule but end with the letter N:

Abandon

Auction

Captain

Bitcoin

Bourbon

Buffoon

Cheapen

Chorion

Condemn

Deadman

Digoxin

Drunken

Emotion

Fiction

Glutton

Gremlin

Heparin

Inhuman

Kingpin

Kitchen

Million

Mutagen

Opinion

Reunion

Snowman

Sunburn

Treason

Unclean

Unhuman

Unicorn

Unknown

Utopian

Villain

Vitamin

Sorted alphabetically, Carnival comes up before Celebrity or Royal or NCL.

Carnival XYZ pops up before Celebrity XYZ or Royal XYZ or NCL XYZ.