Cheers how to do question

My family is going on a 7 day cruse in July out of Florida.

we have 2 cabins with 2 adults in each cabin. Mom and I want to get the cheers package my dad and brother don't.

I have read somewhere on this forum that if you have 2 cabins and only mom and me want the cheers package to put us in the same cabin and then switch mom back into dad's cabin on the ship.

Does this really work? Wont they see that my brother and father don't have it?

Can someone tell me exactly what were suppose to do?

Book the 2 drinkers together in a room and then the other 2 sharing a room won't have to buy it. You can get a spare key at guest services no problem (well, depends if it works because we have had issues on one cruise where it took 3 trips to get the spare key to work). I do believe Norwegian will charge all linked cabins to having to purchase ultimate beverage but Carnival does not, yet....

You need to have the proper names in the cabin that will be buying cheers. It auto assigns the cheers package to all 21+ in that cabin when buying it. Go into your online account and try to buy it and you will see how it works.

I guess after you get your room keys and board, you can just swap keys to get the right people in the cabins you want.

I have not done this and maybe someone can clarify it but

from what I understand you can go to guest services on the 1st day once you get on board the ship and ask to have yourself moved into your brothers room and your mother into your dads room. I don't think that Carnival checks who has and doesn't have the package once your on board.

But again you may want to ask someone who's actually done it..

Book the 2 drinkers together in a room and then the other 2 sharing a room won't have to buy it. You can get a spare key at guest services no problem (well, depends if it works because we have had issues on one cruise where it took 3 trips to get the spare key to work). I do believe Norwegian will charge all linked cabins to having to purchase ultimate beverage but Carnival does not, yet....

I assume I need to ask guest services with my mom or will they just go off what I tell them?

You need to have the proper names in the cabin that will be buying cheers. It auto assigns the cheers package to all 21+ in that cabin when buying it. Go into your online account and try to buy it and you will see how it works.

I guess after you get your room keys and board, you can just swap keys to get the right people in the cabins you want.

Mom and I are in the same cabin now and we just purchased the cheers package. My concern about swapping keys is that I think I need my key to get drinks correct? So switching keys wouldn't work.

I have not done this and maybe someone can clarify it but

from what I understand you can go to guest services on the 1st day once you get on board the ship and ask to have yourself moved into your brothers room and your mother into your dads room. I don't think that Carnival checks who has and doesn't have the package once your on board.

But again you may want to ask someone who's actually done it..

I remember reading that you don't make the changes when I 1st check in at the port but that I can just go to guest services once I'm on the ship and make the room change right away. But I just want to make sure I'm correct.

My cousins and there wives are also planning on coming with us now so we will probably have 5 cabins now.

I assume I need to ask guest services with my mom or will they just go off what I tell them?

Mom and I are in the same cabin now and we just purchased the cheers package. My concern about swapping keys is that I think I need my key to get drinks correct? So switching keys wouldn't work.

once you get on, you can switch rooms and get extra keys from guest services

Edited by hftmrock

Yes, your room key and "drink" key are the same. It is your sign n sail card which you get during check in before boarding. When you pull up at a bar to order your first drink, they will place a sticker on your card indicating you have paid for the Cheers program. I have never swapped rooms so not sure how that works with your sign n sail card.

You can't "swap" keys...your photo is attached to your key! You will either need to get a spare key for the cabin you want to be in, or have them totally change the occupants of the cabins. They do NOT care who sleeps where once you're booked!!!

Folks do this all the time to take advantage of senior discounts, or past cruiser discounts....it's not a big deal, and they don't care.