Royal Caribbean Everglades Excursion Questions

I'm going to be cruising out of Miami in January, and return flights are in late afternoon. Royal Caribbean is offering an Everglades airboat excursion for $79pp, but only with a return to FLL (rather than MIA). I'd be willing to fly home from FLL but wanted to get more info on this excursion first. Has anyone taken this excursion that can provide more information -- which of the companies does it go to, what exactly is included and what isn't, etc? The RCI website is vague.

In my experience, ship-sponsored excursions are shorter, more crowded and more expensive, but they're convenient compared to doing them on your own. Since the Everglades one includes airport transfer (albeit to FLL), I'd take that convenience if it's a decent excursion. I'd like to get more info before deciding whether to book the ship's excursion over planning a trip to the Everglades on my own with a rental car (which I priced at about $80 for the day). Thanks!

I had that excursion booked on my last cruise...I even booked a late flight home so we could do it. I was called to the service desk 2 days before the cruise ended and said they cancelled it because there was not enough people booked..it was a long day at the airport that day!

Merion Mom, yes as of right now Royal Caribbean is only offering it to FLL. I called and confirmed that. They said they might open an option to MIA as we get closer and/or depending on the level of interest. The problem with that is I will have booked my flights by then.

My big debate right now is whether I should book my return flight through FLL in order to do this excursion, or just fly out of MIA and try to either plan it on my own, wait to see if the ship offers it to MIA, or schedule something else between disembarking and the flight home.