Regal Stateroom Question

DShock

I would probably do D726. I enjoyed this location (we were in D614). It was easy to pop down the stairs to the Promenade Deck 7- where many activities take place. I liked walking around the promenade deck in the early AM. I ended up eating many meals in the Atrium on Decks 7 (sushi), 6 (Alfredos) and 5 (International Cafe) instead of the buffet.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We picked B734 due to the size of the balcony and its away from public areas. We also heard that unlike some aft S2's this balcony provided the highest amount of privacy, meaning it wasn't totally exposed from above. Can anyone confirm that? Does anyone have a photo from this balcony looking up?

We picked B734 due to the size of the balcony and its away from public areas. We also heard that unlike some aft S2's this balcony provided the highest amount of privacy, meaning it wasn't totally exposed from above. Can anyone confirm that? Does anyone have a photo from this balcony looking up?
We had B734 on the Royal. Yes, it's one of the larger balconies and is more than half covered. You cannot be seen from the Horizon Terrace. If someone wanted to hang over from the balcony above they could see you if you are at the edge of yours. But we could sit at our table or lay on the loungers and be totally private.

I do not have any photos looking up, sorry.

Edited by Nezmo

We like to go as low as possible, especially with a balcony, it's closer to the water. Also we like the activities on the lower decks better than Lido, so it works better to be lower so we can take the stairs down one or two levels for most of the things we are interested in.

We were in B739 - which is either next door or two doors from your cabin.

Both Baja and Dolphin on the Royal and Regal are partially covered.

The only thing I might have preferred on Dolphin would be to be closer to the water because I LOVE the sound of the wake and, for me, the louder the better.

We actually like the higher decks and never take elevators (burning a few calories makes us feel better about eating so many!!)...so Baja works for us, especially after the info and photos Nezmo provided!

We are in B735 and our friends in B734 for our upcoming Baltic Sea cruise on June 1. We choose it for the large balcony and heard it was most covered of the aft Owners Suites. I'll post pictures when we return.

We had B734 last December. Loved this room. Only point of advice I can give... Don't sit on the deck furniture after a day at sea without asking the Steward to clean them off. There is a soot issue. Some days worse than others and some days not a concern at all. But you don't want to learn the hard way. EnjoyImageUploadedByForums1463408883.446755.jpg.722b849017bd69b80c935884c7c49565.jpg

Thanks for the great advice. We are "aft" people that sail in aft cabins on most cruises. Since soot can always be an issue in aft suites (depending on the ship of course) we either a) cover the loungers with a pool towels when we aren't using them

b) bring lounge cushions inside the room at night

c) flip over the side we sit/lay on when not in use, then flip clean side over when we use.

Appreciate the heads up!